Herpes Community
OHSV2 or GHSV2 or Both?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

OHSV2 or GHSV2 or Both?

Okay maybe someone can help me… I tested positive for HSV2 and negative for HSV1. At 4 weeks past what I thought was exposure I was a 5 on the igg, to be honest this could have been a >5 I’m not sure. At  about 7 weeks I was 7.8 on the igg.

About week or so after giving oral to a girl that I think gave me herpes I developed 1 single pimple on my chin. I played with this pimple right after noticing it but it didn’t pop. It said I made the skin really raw and caused 3 cuts in the area. These cuts leaked clear fluid and I put tinted acne cream on them that seemed to dry them. After I took a shower though I would notice the cuts were not healed. And seemed inflamed (I later put this cream on my face far after what I thought was an ob and it did cause my face to become red and imflamed, I thought maybe I was allergic?) So anyways I went to a clinic when I had just the deepest cut left and was scabbed over. The lady told me it wasn’t herpes and that I should just not play with it. She didn’t want to give me a blood test but I insisted. I came back positive. Later that week before I knew the results I was washing my face with acne beads and scraped off a piece of skin over a hard rough bump on my chin (kinda oblong shaped). The cut was very minor at first but was leaking clear fluid out of the pores. I put that same stupid acne stuff on it and went out in the sun… This seemed to make it for the first time actually look like a blister and not a cut (non of the others did). I went to the doctor and they took a sample but did not do it right. They put me on antibiotics but not antivirals.. I applied just the antibiotics to the cut and took the oral pills. The cut/blister started to heal over quickly and my lymphnode was decreasing in size and by the time I went back for another swab 5 days after the blister formed it came back negative.  They also put me on antiviral at this point because my blood came back positive. The doctor just ran the swab over the new scab.  During the second cut/blister not the first… I did get a very large lympnode and  my tongue got a whiteish coating on it. My tongue also seemed to hurt a little bit.  This is when I really knew that my hsv2 test was gonna come back positive. I guess at that time I didn’t know how rare hsv2 was and just assumed.  Okay so does this sound like herpes… it never hurt one bit even when the swabs were taken but I did have what I think might be prodome or what not… I have ‘buzzing or shocking’ feeling on my  chin. … I know ohsv2 is rare but give that I used a condom during this intercourse (I know they aren’t 100%)… I have to assume given the timeframe and the lack of hsv1 I got it on my face. My face still hasn’t’ really completed recovered… and now a month or so later I had some tingling on my chin again… It stopped but now I have a little redness bump and a bunch of blackhead looking raised bumps under my right lip. I also have some cuts and puffyness on my gums in my mouth near the area. Still nothing really hurts.

Okay this is why I’m posting… every on the internet (although I’ve found many cases with my symptoms on the herpes support form) say oral hsv2 is near impossible. I still think that’s where I have my hsv2 but I’ve been really looking at my body trying to find it other places.

today I noticed that I have a red rash under the head of my penis… and some other red rash where the foreskin of my penis would kinda merge into that part? There are these tiny like pin head red bumps and the area looks like its shinny… maybe like oily? They do just look like pores. There was some dried or cracked skin there too that once I rubbed a little looks more like cuts now… I guess I’ve felt the area be kinda stingy or itchy.. it kinda hurt I think when I was having sex. I also noticed this same thing right at the end of what I thought was my oral hsv2 ob. I asked my doctor and he used some big word but said it was just irritation of the glands (he doesn’t really specialize in stds).  The penis isn’t really painful maybe a little stingy.

So it appears like I have too areas of concern but neither are textbook herpes… I can’t afford to get more swabs… what would be your best ‘guess’?
it's unfortunate that they didn't do your original swab properly though it might've been too late anyways. your follow up swab 5 days later was a waste of time since it was done too late.

at this point, all you can do is be seen any time you have any oral/facial symptoms for a swab within 48 hours of their appearance. I'd also be rather assertive about getting pcr swabbing done of your rash in the genital area should it reoccur too.  I know this is time consuming and pricy but really no other options at this point.

grace

grace
Thank you for your time Grace.. I really appreciate it. I know, I can't help but be mad at my doctor, I might never know now. If this is OHSV2 I don't know how many outbreaks I will have or if I can tell.  If I was more of a complainer I would ask for the cost of that visit to be waived.

My tongue is currently still kinda cultured and I had a 100 degree temp last night is now gone.. strange.. I have what almost looks like a dark rip/cut/hole on my tongue (but who knows if thats new, I don't remember it though) and I have another kinda cut or sore (but same color as my gum) on the inside of my gums under my lip. The strange thing is the cut on the gum is the same place I felt tingling on my chin/face... but I never got anything there.. just this ripped gum lining. I played with the blackheads/small bumps and they did have some yellow string that you would expect to be in blackheads. so I'm not sure about those.

I don't want to waste money on something thats already caused me so much stress. It's already been almost a week since I felt what I thought was predrome causing this. I feel like the swabs might be too late this time too. I will take your advice and try to get right to the doctor if I ever have the tongue and gums come out again. The redness on my penis went away within 12-24 hours once I stopped messing with it lol.. so I don't know...

The lost of appetite is the worse... I can hardly keep food down right now. I don't know it's an outbreak or depression.. Whatever it is I hope it goes away soon.

Thanks again grace!
is it  likely you are having so many issues from hsv2 in the facial area? you can but the odds of such are rather low. most folks who have hsv2 orally, aren't particularly bothered by it and it rarely reoccurs for the vast majority of folks who have it.

might want to have that tongue looked at. make sure you don't have a fungal infection going on or anything.  hard to tell if these new symptoms are something going on or even just "trauma" from biting on tongue and lip while sleeping due to all the stress you are under.  

I think it comes down to putting everything under the magnifying glass (I think you've told others this in posts I've read :)).I could have had these tongue issues before herpes. The cuts on my gums are also painless and already healed for the most part. Like you said I've been thinking maybe I just cut it on something. I guess the only issue I had was the cuts on my chin. Although they didn't hurt I did find some pictures I had taken of them. They are actually a lot worse than I thought and kinda grew in size as the fluid leaked. They do look more like herpes now that I'm out of denying I have it. It's been about 1-2 months since I first started that outbreak and I haven't had anything close to that severe again. I guess I'm just looking for extra proof because to me theres a big different between having it on my face and down there... I think i would prefer to have it down there. Because no matter how rare it would for me to spread oral hsv2 I still have to disclose before every kiss now.
sometimes hard to differentiate between herpes and bacterial infections in the beard area on men.

it's not cheap but you can contact Terri Warren's westover heights clinic to be a phone patient. she can arrange for swabbing of your oral area and genital area to help determine what you have where. not cheap and easy answers but best you can do at this point.