ONE RED BUMP
a very close friend of mine has a small pea size bump at the base of his penis near his testicles.  He is freaked out.  It is not a blister, nor does it have a head.  It is not painful, although when it first appeared it was a little painful to press on it or squeeze it.  I have seen pictures of herpes and it does not look like any of the pictures I have seen.  Even the mildest of pictures.  What else could this be??  He is sexually active (a couple of times unprotected), but recently began having sex more frequently now that he has a girlfriend.  He has gone to the doctor and asked for a test.  the results wont be in for a few days...just trying to ease the worry for a couple of days until we know
Doubt it's herpes but exactly what does it look like? Does it look like a bump underneath the skin trying to pop out or does it appear like it is a bump laying on top of the skin?
He says its under the skin.  At first he thought it was an infected hair, because he does shave that area.  But, he said it does not have a head as it would if it were a pimple or infected hair.  Waiting is the hardest part.  The doctor he saw was very dry and impersonal, she said well it doesnt look bad, but I have been wrong before.  seen some that i thought for sure was herpes and it wasnt and i have seen some i thought was not and it was.  she called it a fluid filled under the skin bump (vescule????) or something like that.  the unprotected sex he had was a year or more ago...both one night stands
Not herpes
ok, test results not back yet.  Now, this under the skin bump formed a head and he popped it.  looked just like a pimple, whitish and yellowish puss... does this still not sound like herpes??? just dont know???
a bump that forms under the skin isn't herpes. This very appearance usually is what distinguishes between herpes and something else. You have not described a herpes looking bump so I am betting it's not herpes. White matter coming out of a head of a pimple is just that, A PIMPLE... :)
now that he pooped this thing its still there and the same size and where the head was is now what looks to be a scab in the middle!! now hes worried again what do u think!!
It still doesn't sound like herpes.

AJ
Thanks to all... Doctor confirmed today, test negative!!!
I love this. Somebody saying they have a "friend" who has this and that (but, boy, how about that detail?). Like we can't see through that. It's an anonymous forum, Einstein.
Why are you such an *******?
Hi - you mentioned it's an anonymous forum, which means people should feel free to post at their own comfort level. Whether the person posting is the person concerned about their own risk or a friend (who, if an intimate friend, would be able to provide detail) doesn't matter. What matters is that they have a safe place to ask questions and not feel embarrassed or as though they are going to be "exposed" or publicly called out.

You were very helpful and supportive in your responses to my questions and this forum should be a place for us to provide that to each other.  I hope that can continue.