Offensive Jokes
Does anyone else get offended by jokes that people always make about STDs, particularly herpes? Since I just got diagnosed with herpes I find them very offensive now. My question is should I be offended? And why do people find herpes so funny?
Honestly I don't find them offensive myself and have even heard a couple of ones that make me laugh quite a bit.  To me it's no different from when someone tells a nurse joke, a blonde joke, a catholic joke or any other joke.   I'm more offended when someone makes a comment like "oh don't date her , she's a **** and probably has herpes" than I am a joke about herpes.   Hate it when folks assume you have to sleep around and be a bit of a 'ho in order to get a std.

grace
Yeah you're right I shouldn't take some of the jokes as offensive. But it also bothers me when I hear people saying she's a ****, probably has an STD dont have anything to do with her. But I guess I should learn to turn a blind eye to this.
It's hard to get a little more thick skinned about things that affect us I think.  So much easier to joke about something else than it is for us to hear jokes about something we are sensitive about.  when I know it's not someone putting me down, I take it for what it is.  I know I'm certainly not innocent of never telling distasteful and offensive jokes though now that I'm older I've found I can't remember the good ones to retell them....he he he