Herpes Community
One Swollen Tonsil

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

One Swollen Tonsil

Since my last exposure, around 6 weeks ago, the girl I have been dating just recently had some blisters appear on her lip line and we believe it maybe Herpes because it has been 3 weeks and it's still healing on her lip.

Well anyways we both decided to get tested for STD's and sure enough I wanted to get tested for Herpes as well since I did not know my HSV 1 or HSV 2 status, she doesn't either, we both got tested at 5 weeks post our oral exposure. She gave me oral but and kissing and that is all but in the past we have been together many times (protected vaginally and unprotected orally).  

This past weekend I have been feeling this weird sensation on my left side of my throat and when I look in, I see that only my left tonsil is swollen and a little more redder than my right one. It does hurt when I swallow and I have been very worried. I haven't had any OB or anything on my face that is very noticeable. I know in new Herpes exposures usually it presents it self as sore throat and swollen glands, and my question is, could this be Herpes?

She told me she does not have a history of getting cold sore and neither do I, which is very strange that out of the blue this turns up.  Though she has been with much more partners that I have, so she is doubting herself that she could have had it for so long and no show any symptoms and I could have it for so long and not show any symptoms as well. So at the moment we are not pointing the finger at each other and we are both becoming very understanding with each other with this and waiting for our test results as they come in.

In addition to the swollen left tonsil, this was several weeks before the swollen tonsil, I have been having weird tingly feeling on my right mustache and sometimes burning feeling around my lips, at one point I had a re spot develop on the corner of my left side of my mouth while she first say her cold sore that week.  

We are both waiting for our results from PP maybe the end of this week.  
not everything is due to herpes. having a swollen tonsil can be due to any number of things.

also are you sure you got type specific herpes igg blood testing at PP? Not all of them offer it so you have to be very specific about asking what testing you are getting from them.

grace