Herpes Community
Open tear on my penis shaft? Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Open tear on my penis shaft? Herpes?

Hello

Last night I found a sensitive spot on my penis while using the bathroom. It appeared to be a open tear and pretty small but painful when I touched it. Anyways, four days earlier I did shave.. and two days ago I was out with my friends and wore boxer briefs. It was very hot out, and my groin area was very sweaty and a bit itchy. Could it be possible that this tear is from the irritation of the sweat, itching caused by my boxer briefs? Or maybe it's from shaving? Could it possibly be herpes? I've had sex before, once unprotected like 6 months ago but I don't think it could be herpes? It doesn't appear to be oozing and it's only a single open tear.. I thought herpes was like multiple white bumps first that were painful. I've had a irritation in that same area before, it's right where my penis shaft connects to my scrotum so as you can imagine sweat can build up a lot there..

Any advice? Thank you
Could it be an abrasion?
many things can cause symptoms like this - irritation, trauma to the skin  and yes even herpes.

up to you if you think it's worth being seen for at this point. since it's been 6 months since you last had sex, you can contact your provider to seek out a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what your status is in general for peace of mind.

had you covered your bases with std testing at the proper times after your unprotected encounter?

grace
Hello Grace,

After the exposure I went to planned parenthood, and got tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia and 3 months later got tested for HIV. All came back negative. They don't blood test for herpes, I already asked. They only test people if they come in with sores and then take samples of those sores and send them into the lap and give a result weeks later.

I woke up today and the abrasion is still there, and healed a little so it seems. The nearest planned parenthood is like an hour and half walk and I don't have a car so I'd prefer not to go unless necessary lol. In case you're wondering, I'm 17. Maybe it's just irritation? I mean could it be herpes? Because if it is... it's a joke to what I thought herpes was. I wish I could sure though because I have entered into a relationship with a girl and I don't want to give her anything...
you and your gf can't make educated decisions about what precautions to take until you know who has what. you both should seek out type specific herpes igg blood tests to know your statuses.
Where can I get that test? Planned Parenthood doesn't offer it, nor does my family doctor .. nor does the urologist. I don't know where I can get this test done.
if you are in the US, you can order it up yourself through online testing sites like healthcheckusa and tstd.
I can't order thing without raising suspicion of my parents. I just looked at it .. I honestly think it's an abrasion. It seems to have healed, I expect it to be gone within 2 days. It's very small too, I have a hard time seeing it.

The people at planned parenthood said that herpes testing isn't needed and that I should only be tested when I have multiple sores. Otherwise, I should just practice safe sex.
Does what I have sound like herpes? I mean it's a very very tiny circle of open flesh that still hasn't healed.. maybe it could be syphilis? Or just a cut that cant heal in the location..?

I'd like to get a blood test but I don't know where to get one. It seems I'd have to wait for one, in my situation :/