Oral Herpes?
So on 12/3/10 I woke up with a really odd tightness in my upper lip I have dry lips almost all the time but this was different. Unfortunatly I can't remember if it was the 6th or the 13th but I do remember it was a Monday I noticed a decently sized shallow white bump on my bottom lip, I also suffer from acne and it looked like a zit to me by the perfectly round shape and "whitehead" so I popped it a little puss came out and then it closed up almost imediately not crusting or anything just healed over. After I did this I washed my hands and didn't touch my lips. Obviously this was stupid but I didn't think before I did. So my lip continued to feel tight and dry and other symptoms would come and go, like numbness, itching and redness. I tried different lip balms but nothing really helped for very long. The night of the 18th I felt a little bit of burning but I thought it was because of the cold weather. I took a shower and put some Camax lip balm on and went to sleep, I woke up the next morning, the 19th, with the same tightness but when I went into the bathroom and look in the mirror I had a ton of little blistery/zit-like things covering my top lip and a little bit of my bottom lip none of them were clustered together just individual things and none of them were on the skin just the lips. I went to the emergency room, told the doctor everything he looked at the blisters for a minute and said "You have cold sores" but when I said so I have herpes? he started to kinda become squimish and not really willing to listen to me or answer clearly, he said he is going to treat it as a viral and bacerial infection. Basically he didn't take a culture or do a test gave me the medicine said it would clear up in a few days. So needless to say I had a mental breakdown but I went home and took a shower to calm me down, I was very careful while drying myself off and used toilet paper to dry my face and lips off. After I looked in the mirror and they were gone it looked like I may have rubbed some off and others looked like they retreated back into the skin, again no weeping or scabbing just healed over so no more blisters, I thought I saw a couple forming here and there throughout the day but then they would disppear back into the lip. I used the cream he gave for my lips but didn't take any of the medicine yet because the lip cream burned I stopped using it and switched to Lysine which felt a little better. This morning I woke up with the same tightness and a little swelling, no blisters. There was absolutly no pain associated with this and it has been about 18 days. I mentally exhausted from trying to make sure I don't spread anything if it is herpes and all I want is an answer.
why didn't you take any of the medications prescribed for you yet?  

http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm   has terrific info on oral herpes for more reading for you also.

grace