Aa
A
A
Close
Oral Herpes?
So on 12/3/10 I woke up with a really odd tightness in my upper lip I have dry lips almost all the time but this was different. Unfortunatly I can't remember if it was the 6th or the 13th but I do remember it was a Monday I noticed a decently sized shallow white bump on my bottom lip, I also suffer from acne and it looked like a zit to me by the perfectly round shape and "whitehead" so I popped it a little puss came out and then it closed up almost imediately not crusting or anything just healed over. After I did this I washed my hands and didn't touch my lips. Obviously this was stupid but I didn't think before I did. So my lip continued to feel tight and dry and other symptoms would come and go, like numbness, itching and redness. I tried different lip balms but nothing really helped for very long. The night of the 18th I felt a little bit of burning but I thought it was because of the cold weather. I took a shower and put some Camax lip balm on and went to sleep, I woke up the next morning, the 19th, with the same tightness but when I went into the bathroom and look in the mirror I had a ton of little blistery/zit-like things covering my top lip and a little bit of my bottom lip none of them were clustered together just individual things and none of them were on the skin just the lips. I went to the emergency room, told the doctor everything he looked at the blisters for a minute and said "You have cold sores" but when I said so I have herpes? he started to kinda become squimish and not really willing to listen to me or answer clearly, he said he is going to treat it as a viral and bacerial infection. Basically he didn't take a culture or do a test gave me the medicine said it would clear up in a few days. So needless to say I had a mental breakdown but I went home and took a shower to calm me down, I was very careful while drying myself off and used toilet paper to dry my face and lips off. After I looked in the mirror and they were gone it looked like I may have rubbed some off and others looked like they retreated back into the skin, again no weeping or scabbing just healed over so no more blisters, I thought I saw a couple forming here and there throughout the day but then they would disppear back into the lip. I used the cream he gave for my lips but didn't take any of the medicine yet because the lip cream burned I stopped using it and switched to Lysine which felt a little better. This morning I woke up with the same tightness and a little swelling, no blisters. There was absolutly no pain associated with this and it has been about 18 days. I mentally exhausted from trying to make sure I don't spread anything if it is herpes and all I want is an answer.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
101028 tn?1419606604
why didn't you take any of the medications prescribed for you yet?  

http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_learn_oralherpes.cfm   has terrific info on oral herpes for more reading for you also.

grace
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank