Herpes Community
Oral herpes through sharing drinking glass?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Oral herpes through sharing drinking glass?

Today I was out at a local restaurant with a friend. After ordering some drinks he asked me if he could have a taste of mine. I said sure.. He took a quick sip. A few minutes later I noticed he had a blister. I asked him if it was a cold sore and he replied yes. Oops.  

So question is how likely is HSV1 to transfer through sharing a glass? I've read through old posts and there are contrary opinions. Thanks in advance for your replies.
6939574_tn?1390931449
The virus dies fairly quickly when exposed to air.  In order to contract the virus there needs to be rubbing to get the virus to enter your body.  When younger it is easier to get the virus through this situation because your bodies immune system is not yet fully developed.  There is a very small chance you contracted it in this manner.  You would have needed to take a sip immediately after him.  In adults this virus is passed through romantic kissing.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...