Oral sex herpes transmission
Is it possibl to contract genital herpes through oral sex if the person performing oral sex on you only has genital (HSV2) herpes? This is assuming past outbreaks have only occured on her genitals, nowhere else.
If a person has genital herpes, and not oral herpes, the virus is only present in the genital area. So obviously, their mouth could not transmit the virus.

Also to clarify, genital herpes can be either HSV-1 or HSV-2, although the majority of the cases are the latter virus. But both can be transmitted though as genital herpes.
Hi Grace.. I got my herpes tests back. HSV 1 pos, and HCV 2 neg. If you remember my boyfriend is pos for both. Im not sure i understand... if they just say you have hsv, how do you know if it is oral or genital if they can be either??

Now, I wonder if we use condoms for intercourse and not for oral, what are the risks?