Oral transmission
Hi there,

Last tuesday, (8-20), a girl who I met that night, performed oral on me. I noticed she had a cold sore on her lip, but since I already have the HSV-1 virus I didn't really think it mattered since the chances you'll get HSV-1 on two different places on your body is highly uncommon. Anyway, after three or four days it started to itch down there and I went back to the girl to ask which HSV type she had. She told me that she was 100% sure it was the HSV-1 virus. Yesterday I started to notice a really small red dot on my penis. This morning I checked it again under the shower and yes... tiny blisters.

Now my questions are:
1. Do I have HSV-1 on both my mouth and body now?
2. Will the HSV-1 recur on my penis as well since it isn't the first place where it started?
3. Will the HSV-1 on my penis recur often? I've read HSV-1 on your genitals is way less worse than HSV-2.

Please doc, I need your help.

I really appreciate any help/info you can provide.
Hi, if you want a doc to answer you need to post in the paid expert forum, here is an open forum but maybe we can help.
1. Your correct that it is highly unlikely that you will contract hsv1 in the genital area.
2. again highly unlikely if you already have it oral.
3. Its highly unlikely you have it there if you have it oral.