Herpes Community
Outbreak that won't heal, is it herpes or something else?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Outbreak that won't heal, is it herpes or something else?

I have had herpes for about 4 years. I've only had one other outbreak than what I have now and it went away in about a week. I recently had an outbreak of 1 sore..then it spread into another sore. Now there is no open sores but the whole area is dry,red and extremely itchy. I know this is common for herpes but it's been over a month now since i initially had the sore. It has spread and the whole area is extremly itchy and red...it won't go away. Is this herpes or something else?? And if it is do i just need to give it more time or why hasn't it healed? I'm deployed to Iraq right now so I can't seek medical attention or get any medication. Please help