Herpes Community
PLEASE ADVICE! MC or Herpes? Thanks

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

PLEASE ADVICE! MC or Herpes? Thanks

I had sex with someone 6 years ago and had a rash appear on my foreskin. I felt sick as a dog and presumed it was herpes (after researching) - it didn't hurt at all though, so decided to get a blood test which was negative. I waited 6 months and had a Western Blot test which was also negative.

Symptoms appeared recently and STD doctor said it was MC (Molluscum) and used Liquid Nitrogen on these small blister spots on my groin (they didn't have a white core like internet). The burning has caused a lot of redness and even a blister in one spot, which I got them to do PCR swab test for and that too was negative for HSV 1 & 2. I also had a blood test which was negative again. The redness is still there (5 weeks after, not raised, more like a burn) but isn't nice to look at. Is this herpes? Could the burn then bring out herpes in the skin? Have 2 STD doctors been known to mis diagnose MC when really it's herpes?

The doctor said it was fine to sleep with my partner. I wore protection and made sure the groin area didnt rub against her vagina as best I could. However, she then said she had the flu, phlegm and lack of appetite  24 hours after!?! So confused as doctor said it was not herpes? She hasn't had an outbreak and it's been a week now, but would be distraught if she had caught it from me.  

I must have had 3 or 4 top STD doctors look at this now and they all say it's not herpes. I feel like i'm mad and they're all wrong and that it's clear that it's herpes to me.

The main thing is I don't pass anything on to an innocent person. after being so careful with all the doctors and check ups i'd never forgive myself. thanks for your opinions.
these don't sound like they are herpes going on.

has your current partner been tested for herpes to know their status?

grace
Yes, she isn't a carrier of either virus. How accurate is a PCR swab, i've heard it's more accurate than other swabs? I have pictures if helps.

Thanks for your time and what a great service to help everyone.
so you've tested consistently negative for herpes. your partner tested negative for herpes. why do you still think this has to be herpes despite what many practitioners have told you otherwise?
The reason: after I had the sex 6 years ago the cluster of painless spots on the inside of my foreskin was after 4 days of flu which is common with initial infection, correct? They didn't hurt and went away in three days. They were very distinctive though, red clusters. Is this not a sign?

I got tingling pains in my testicles and also red caked patches on the inside of my foreskin for two years afterwards. I also have had a couple of spots that have had watery fluid come out of them. 1 on the penis (painless though and didn't have a seal over it or head to it, like a spot on face) and the other on testicles (painless and healed in few days). Doctors have said spots come up all the time and herpes would be painful and that i'd know. The internet says otherwise and that it can be painless.

Is there any way to find out 100% as this is effecting my life with so much anxiety. I understand the disease isn't a massive deal in terms of health, but would like to know my status to protect future parters.

these didn't hurt an dthey didn't itch. really no reason to think herpes. rashes under the foreskin are pretty common.

really, not everything is herpes in the genital area.