Panic
Dr. Hook/HHH

I was wondering about my likelihood of having contracted HSV 1 or 2. I'm a 21 year old, caucasian female. I received my blood work a month after potential exposure (test results back in late November) and both came back negative. Along with this, all my other STD tests came back normal and I have had the Gardasil vaccine. My two cases for potential exposure came from receiving oral sex from two different partners at different times. Neither of them exhibited any signs of sores on their mouths or genitals. Moreover, neither of them stated they had been infected with HSV. Moreover, ones genitals touched my outer labia without a condom, which is my greatest concern. I have been feeling fine until a few days ago in which the doctor treated me for vaginal dermatitis. Along with this, he ordered another round of herpes blood tests to "ease my mind" as I was having a panic attack. I am feeling under the weather (similar to prodrome symptoms) and keep obsessively checking for sores, though nothing out of the ordinary has appeared in the 4 days since symptoms started. I was wondering what the likelihood of me having contracted Herpes was, and if I should revisit the doctor for another visual examination? Moreover, I've been in a committed and faithful relationship since December, and he has shown no signs or symptoms. I can't seem to calm down about the situation, and any answers would be helpful.

Thanks!
Hi, this is an open forum and the docs are in the paid expert forum but i will say that the risk you contracted hsv from this is really quite low esp if no lip sores were present as hsv1 oral dosent shed much. Their genitals touching yours would really not be any risk as so contract herpes there needs to be some rubbing and grinding to force the virus into the nerve. Simple touching is not a risk at all.
Also prodrome is most associated with someone that already has herpes and is used as a tool to prodict upcoming outbreaks.