Herpes Expert Forum
Penis Sores
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Penis Sores

Hello, I am a 29 year old African American male with a history of eczema and hay fever (allergies)... My doctor prescribed to me Fluocinonide ointment to help relieve inflammation (eczema) I would experience on my penis from time to time due to friction caused by sex...

Recently, I went to my doctor due to what appeared to be a sore on my penis and he told me from a clinical observation it was genital herpes. Growing up I've always had cold-sores but the frequency of their appearance has dramatically declined since I've gotten older. Moreover, I'm very careful when they do appear. My wife told me before that her last blood test revealed she had HSV-1 (which I know she got from me) but so far she has not had any symptoms (and she's tested negative for every other STD)...

Thereafter, my doctor prescribed Zovirax cream and Valtrex tablets. However, I have not noticed much healing taking place since I've been taking these medications. When I went for a follow-up and showed him my penis (which was red, sore, crusty and oozing yellow liquid) he told me to stop taking Zovirax and Valtrex and to begin taking Mupirocin and Westcort ointment 0.2%...

Since taking these medications I've noticed not much healing taking place, if any at all. My penis is still red, sore, tender and as it rubs against my boxers the friction causes the yellow crusts to break off making my penis more red and sore. In addition, the sores, impetigo or whatever it is seems to be spreading to other parts of my penis. I'm also feeling slight pain while urinating because the sores, impetigo or whatever is it seems to be making the skin around my "pee-hole" swollen...

What condition do you think is affecting my penis? HSV-1? Impetigo? Balantis? Yeast Infection? Psoriasis?    Should I wrap my penis with gauze to prevent it from rubbing up against my clothes? (I've tried men's pads and adult diapers...my penis ended up rubbing against them)....

Thank-you