Herpes Community
Pimple on lip..nervous, what can this be!?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

1 month ago i got a pimple got grew a bit large where my facial skin meets my upper lip. It turned into a pimple it was red, hurt when i pressed oin it. it developed white pus from time to time but i kept popping and then it came back...then the pimple left after like a week and left a small red area where the pimple was...what is this can this be due to herpes...is this a scar that it left?

also right now a month later i also got the same pimple in the same area just a little further away from where my 1st one appeared but its still on the upper left side of my lip..where my facial skin meets my lip..now its just a red raisde pimple and i dont think it has had any white head in it yet. its going on a week but looks like its getting smaller.

my girl also has a large pimple on the bottom lip, where her facial skin meets her bottom lip..its turned red turning into white pus plenty of times and now it looks like its hearling..but i think the pimple looks weird now if that is the word..the actually lip area where she has her pimple also looks red

what is this
Pretty much anything could have caused this,if it has moved to another area it is possibly due to the attention and popping that has spread infection,for as much as it's very tempting to pop these things it's better all round to let them pop by themselves when they are good and ready.
Herpes doesn't contain pus so unlikely to be caused by this ......
Your Pharmacist may be able to heal with some cream to help with the healing.

Daisy
Sorry typo there .... I meant your Pharmacist may be able to help with some cream to promote healing.
thanks for your advice daisy. is it possible to get a pimplle like lesion where your facial skin meets your upper lip and not contain pus in it? if so can this just be a regular pimple. it doesnt hurt or anything only when i press on it thanks
you should probably go get tested if you and your partner are getting similar type lesions on your lips that are recurring.. it could possibly be herpes and should get treatment if it is so you stop having outbreaks