Herpes Community
Please, I need to know....

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Please, I need to know....

I posted a Q asking if 5 weeks was unusually long for an initial herpes outbreak, and i only got relationship advice. i am not with him anymore for other reasons, so ALL i want advice on is the symptoms themselves...
so....is 5 weeks longer than a herpes outbreak would last?
Thanks...
if you read our read before posting post on this forum, you'll see that we ask folks to just keep all their questions in the same original post. each time you post, it bumps it back up to the top where we can see it.  also in that post you'll see that we ask folks to refrain from sending us pm's.  

jess already said that 5 weeks of symptoms is a bit long for herpes as well as for just a tear in the skin not to heal.  You need additional work up by your provider. if you are not happy with the care your provider is giving you, you need to seek out the opinion of another.  Even when you do know for sure that you have genital herpes, not everything that goes on in the genital area is due to herpes.

grace