Herpes Community
Please Help! Can't sleep/ can't eat...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Please Help! Can't sleep/ can't eat...

Hey. I recently went in for testing ( last week) and when I got back from the 4th I was told that my IGM test was positive. 1.14. I was told I was recently exposed to the herpes virus and it was to early to tell which type. HSV1- or HSV-2. I was shocked. My IGG however was negative. They told me I had something but needed to come back in 4-6 weeks to confirm which type. But they said it was one or the other..no question based on my score.. I have never had an outbreak of any kind ever. is there anyway my test was wrong? I can barely function and am falling apart over this