Aa
A
A
Close
Please help, tingling but nothing else
I have a question for grace or one of the doctors... I'm a male.

Had protected sex with a stranger, even after intercourse I cleaned the "boxers" area with alcohol, since I'm a little freaked out of getting an std. Had an std few years back after unprotected sex which was a bad experience, but was cleared after taking antibiotics.

5 days later, I felt tingling on top of penis, off and on throughout the day. I freaked out. Day 7, I felt like the skin connecting my foreskin and head was a bit red and swollen. This could have been anxiety, as it wasn't obvious. Or me constantly checking. To make matter worse, i got throat infection/swelling, which made me assume i got herpes. could have been coincidence since a bunch of people at my work are sick. It's worth noting, I was coughing up stuff, wasn't just swelling. I went to see my doctor who noticed nothing of interest, but ran urine test for chlamyidia and gonorreha and blood test specific to both types of herpes. Refused to do a swab due to no blister, however told me it is most likely herpes due to tingling. I'm waiting for results a few more days. Doctor also gave me the Zpack for throat.

Day 10, I still feel tingling, especially if I'm sitting down, and it seems to go away when I walk. its off and on. When my bladder gets full, I feel the urge to pee, and no tingling at all. It doesn't burn when I urinate, and doesn't hurt to touch the head. It doesn't look swollen or red to me anymore.

I realize the result may be inconclusive as it is too soon, and I may be over thinking this, but I have been on the edge, and unable to sleep even... Can't wait for the results to come in. Does this sound like herpes? Would it keep tingling for 5 days or so without any blisters?

Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
3149845 tn?1452625053
Grace retired and to get a doctor to reply you have to post on the paid expert forum
Comment
Cancel
3149845 tn?1452625053
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Does anyone else have an opinion?

I realize I'm no different than everyone who is freaking out, but I literally have not slept in 3 days... It would be almost easier knowing I have herpes, than the anticipation...

Thanks.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3149845 tn?1452625053
Well if  you had tingling in the head of your penis which was covered with a condom  the tingling would not be related to herpes.
Comment
Cancel
3149845 tn?1452625053
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank