Herpes Community
Please help me identify

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Please help me identify

I have been with the same girl for Time now. We were slip up about 11 months ago and she ha unprotected sex with a guy but was checked and cleared afterwards. We were split up a bit later on and I had sex with a girl but I used a condom. That was about 3 moths ago. We have only been with each other and I know for a fact she has not slept with anyone because we live together and work together. But randomly the other day I got a small form of a rash right above my penis. I was In the woods about 4 days ago and got a lot of bugs on me from a dead tree I picked up and I thought it could have been from that. I used a&d ointment on it but then I started to worry so I searched the web for images of herpes and it looks similar but I am not sure if they are or not. Could someone please help me identify this rash.
odds are that neither you nor your partner have ever been tested for herpes before.

at this point, you need to be seen and get a proper exam to find out what is going on. if they suspect herpes, they can do the proper testing.

grace
Thank you grace. I didn't know there were two types of testing. I thought when they tested you they checked for everything. Also on every thing I found it says that you will see signs on herpes after 2-20 days within contact... Why would it just randomly show up if it is herpes.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers