Positive or not?
In november08 i had unprotected sex, and went to the doctor for what turned out to be an ingrown hair. Doctor assured me it wasnt herpes. Had igg/igm done and the results came back +IGG -IGM, my doctor told me not to  worry that she was sure i did not have herpes. I recently got retested 12 weeks later and the results were - IGG . IGM equivocal. What does this mean do I have herpes?
Can you get your actual results?  We can help you better if you have those.

Aj
I was wrong about my test results. Both times my IGM was equivicol and IGG was stillnegative 12 weeks later. My doctor tells me not to be concerned. Im still freaking out!!
The igm herpes test is a bad test and should never be ordered. Completely ignore the + igm because it's results are meaningless.

Your igg was negative 12 weeks post encounter. No reason for continued testing since it's not likely that you really have herpes.

grace
Thank you for your responses, I just needed a little extra reassurance on the results.