Herpes Community
Positive or not?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Positive or not?

In november08 i had unprotected sex, and went to the doctor for what turned out to be an ingrown hair. Doctor assured me it wasnt herpes. Had igg/igm done and the results came back +IGG -IGM, my doctor told me not to  worry that she was sure i did not have herpes. I recently got retested 12 weeks later and the results were - IGG . IGM equivocal. What does this mean do I have herpes?
Tags: Herpes
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Can you get your actual results?  We can help you better if you have those.

Aj
Blank
I was wrong about my test results. Both times my IGM was equivicol and IGG was stillnegative 12 weeks later. My doctor tells me not to be concerned. Im still freaking out!!
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
The igm herpes test is a bad test and should never be ordered. Completely ignore the + igm because it's results are meaningless.

Your igg was negative 12 weeks post encounter. No reason for continued testing since it's not likely that you really have herpes.

grace
Blank
Thank you for your responses, I just needed a little extra reassurance on the results.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...