Herpes Community
Possible Herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Possible Herpes

I first slept with my current girl friend around 11 weeks ago. I noticed a few red dots appear on the head of my penis, but I thought this was just part of a rash I was being treated for at the time. Around 3-4 weeks later I woke up and out of a blue I had what looked like a small white ulcer on the side of the head of my penis and yellow discharge. I had felt no previous pain or tingling the night before so it was a complete shock to me. I applied more cream and the white ulcer disappeared in about 4 days, it did not burst as I have read herpes blisters do, and was not painful in anyway. I forgot about it since my I became sexually inactive as my gf moved away for a while. I had then a sore rash around week ago, which healed when I applied sudocream. I slept with my girlfriend again day before yesterday, and am now experiencing a tingling pain in my foreskin and another red patch has appeared. all these have started alarm bells ringing in my head! So, just wondering if this is herpes and the previous ulcer was the initial outbreak?! Sorry for the essay of a medical backstory!
did you both get full std testing that included type specific herpes igg blood testing prior to starting to be intimate together?

you need to be seen and have this looked at to get a better idea of what is going on. if they suspect herpes, they can do a lesion culture and typing if you can be seen today or tomorrow.

grace