Herpes Community
Possible atypical Herpes - symptoms but neg. tests
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible atypical Herpes - symptoms but neg. tests

Exposure: July 2011 100% protected sex with a stripper

About 48 hours after exposure i noticed 3 very small flesh colored bumps in a line on the shaft of my penis. There was no pain or redness whatsoever. 2 days later they were completely gone. 5 days after exposure- fatigue, some redness, burning, mild tingling on opposite side of where the bumps were that lasted several hours then went away( no sores or bumps). About 10 days after exposure- severe pain in testicles, painful lymph nodes in groin, fatigue, irritated skin on scrotum  ( no sores or bumps ).About 15 days after exposure the symptoms were improving and i went to a discount clinic and was given antibiotics for chlamydia by a nurse practitioner, but did not immediately feel a difference ( no tests were done). A few days later i had several painful,slightly itchy pimples on both sides of my buttocks. They were red and raised and looked just like regular pimples. There were about 4 or 5 larger ones with 6 smaller ones around. They were close to each other ,but were not "clustered".It does not look like the pictures of herpes on the internet, but i also read that mild cases may not have classic blisters. The pimples themselves were very painful and i had to take Epsom baths for the pain.They did not break open or ooze fluid. They just got smaller and were gone in a week or so. For a few months after  I continued to feel on and off irritation ,itches and redness as well as sharp tinges of pain in my buttocks that lasted for a second.  I would also get two or three small red bumps inside the foreskin and on the penis head every two or three weeks.These were smaller than the bumps on my buttocks and were not fluid filled or blister in any way and would be completely gone within 3 days. Sometimes slight irritation and knee pain would proceed the bumps, but mostly they appeared without sensations. About 4 months after exposure i felt a single warm, tingling, red spot near my lip. It came on very fast but was completely gone within 2 hours. I have had this about 5 times since then. After intercourse or jogging i sometimes get splotchy red discolorations and a couple very small red bumps on my penis head that are completely gone in 24 to 48 hours. I get mild "pins and needles" feelings in my feet and sometime in my hand that lasts less than a minute almost every day. Even in the absence of any red bumps i get irritation inside my penis after urinating for a couple days every few weeks or so.        

Testing
I have had complete 8-panel blood and urine STD tests at testing centers that include HerpesSelect type-specific IGG tests at
1,3, 5, 6 and 9.5 months after exposure. ALL NEGATIVE. I have never had any open sores for swab testing. My symptoms are consistent with herpes but my tests are negative. IS THIS POSSIBLE? I am 80% sure i have herpes, based on my symptoms , but If I don't, I have no idea what it could be. I deeply regret that one poor decision has lead to all this worry and pain. I wish to thank everyone for taking the time to read all of this. Any expert advice is greatly appreciated.                                            
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank