Herpes Expert Forum
Possible exposure risk and Symptom check

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Dr.  

I had about 2.5 months ago a mutual masturbation encounter in a strip club.  I basically ejaculated while she was grinding on my but she then at the end 5 minutes had her hand down my pants so her hand was directly rubbing my penis inside my jeans after I had ejaculated. We did kiss most of the dance she always had a thong on but was pulled aside and i rubbed her vagina.  Could me touching her or her touching me assuming she may have touched her own vagina posed some significant risk and caused what i feel for symptoms now. For the past 1.5 weeks I have had pain at the tip of my urethra, maybe some slight redness on the "lips" of me penis opening.  It does burn a bit when I urniate but not a lot as well when I ejaculate it burns.  When I do urinate i seem to have to massage the rest out and have an increased urge to pee as well. (I seem to have a feeling at the tip of my pensis that i need to pee constantly)   No sores or lesions are present that I can see.  I am very very anxious and stressed as you can guess i do have a wife.  Do you feel this is a risk for herpes, hpv hsv ?
And do the sypmtoms i mention seem to correspond to any typical symptoms ?
Got it.  

I appreciate you being so specific, as that helps me determine that your risk of acquiring HSV from her is very very close to zero.  

First of all, if you were going to have symptoms of a new herpes infection (you think these might be symptoms), they would have appeared with 2-10 days.  

It is good that you tested negative for the other STDs, that was a good
thing to do, get tested, that is.

I'm a little confused about your question about oral sex - you had no oral contact from her, did you?  Just kissing?  Have you ever in your life had a cold sore on your lip in your life?  If yes, then you already have oral herpes.  It is very very unlikely that if you acquired HSV 1 from her orally that you would have no symptoms and subsequently spread it to your wife.

Basically I am telling you that infection, given your experience, is extremely unlikely if not zero.

Terri
Just wanted to add a few items,
1. would the slight burning in the tip of my urethra (seems constant, more so when sitting then walking around)  and it is not excrucaiting as mentioned it is slight and can be almost no existant at times.  Could this alone be a sign of HSV alone no other symtoms (symptoms) ?  it seems to be the only one I have.

2. Assuming i caught Oral herpies (herpes) from this stripper (she had no sores visable, i have had no signs for 2.5 months) I then had oral, kissing and slept with my wife.  Is there a realistic chance that in the week i had relations with my wife a few times 2.5 months after the inccident with stripper that i passed the oral on to her then she passed that to me to my genitals and then me possibly passing it on to her via sex or oral as well ?

The scenerio in item 2 all happned in 6-7 days with about 3 seperate encounters.

Any feed back would be very much appreciated, I have looked very close at the opening of my urethra and it is redish on a spot just on the inside edge and this seems to cause alot of the disscomfort as it rubs on my underwear as well.
oh and i have tested NEG for chlamydia ghonerea, syphilus, hiv hep abc
Did my post get missed ?
Thank you for the reply, it is very much appreciated
You're welcome.

Terri

Note:  Some of the videos on this website contains information that is not correct about herpes.  I have not approved them and disagree strongly with some of the content.  Please do not take their presence on this website as an endorsement by me.
Terri, one more question...

I have seen a nurse at an std clinic whom looked at my penis urthethral opening where i seem to have redness on the edge just inside.  This redness is worse and better at different times.  She siad that it looked nothing like herpes and said you will be fine sent me on my way.
I have also just seen my GP and she looked at it said the same, did a prostate exam and said my prosate is boggy and has given me cipro for 30 days.  But she said prostitius should not cause redness.
I have had this redness and irritation for 5.5 weeks now, if this is herpes am I safe to say that it would not have lasted this long and I should rule out the cause as herpes ?

Most men don't look closely at the inside of their urethra until they have some kind of health scare.  I look at the inside of male urethras almost daily.  Most men have intermittent redness inside the urethra.  That by itself is not at all suggestive of herpes.  Also, if it was herpes, it would not last 5.5 weeks.

Terri
Thanks again Terri,

I do look at it daily now since it seems to rub and bother me and seems to be the area that is sensitive when rubbing. I assume though if I do have prostitius that the sensitivety is what is causing the irritated or burning feeling.

And to be clear the redness is just on the inside edge almost exposed any deeper it looks fine at times it is worse than others.
Right now the symptons are :

1. Redness just on inside edge of urethra
2. tip of Urethra seems to irritate when rubbing on underwear
3. Off and on slight burning after urination
4. Unrelated to urinating, periodic burning feeling at tip, sometimes consumes head of penis.
5. The irritation is more noticable during the evening

The issues are consuming me as I do not feel normal, with the irritation it is causing.  
The diagnosis of prostatitis from your doctor seems reasonable to me, given all of these symptoms.

These urethral symptoms, by themselves, do not represent the usual picture of herpes.  I am hopeful that the cipro will help you.

Terri