Herpes Community
Possible for a woman to give a man herpes during oral?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Possible for a woman to give a man herpes during oral?

OK so I have a few questions. I heard HSV-1 usually infects oral mucosa and HSV-2 genital mucosa. So my question is... are the odds of a woman giving a man herpes during oral sex pretty low? I'm assuming she would have to A.) have HSV-1 in her mouth since HSV-2 is pretty uncommon orally B.) be shedding virus from a sore at the time and C.) have the HSV-1 virus take hold on the man's penis though it doesn't prefer that environment. Correct?

Say a woman just uses her tongue on the penis for a few seconds and kisses it but doesn't insert it in her mouth. Is transmission still very possible or not very likely that way because there was little or no contact with the male's genital mucosa?

Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
494623_tn?1278282952
If a woman OR man in Oral sex when they suffer from HSV1 Orally it is very possible to transmit it to the Genitals with or without an outbreak present, if he/she or both do NOT have HSV1 Orally then there is nothing to transmit it's that simple !!!

Daisy
Blank
494623_tn?1278282952
And ummm if anyone woman can give oral sex without touching a penis with their mouth then I take my hat off to them lol ...... I would think that is Impossible !!!!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...