Herpes Community
Possible herpes infection?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Possible herpes infection?

I really hope I'm just paranoid, but here it goes... I will try to make this as brief as possible, so please bare with me...  About a week ago, I noticed a sensitive area on the shaft of my penis.  After closer examination, it appeared to be an irritation that had mostly crusted over by the time I was in a position to examine it (photo attached at end of post).  I had however noticed a small blister next to the crusted area which leads me to believe there must had been a cluster of blisters that caused the irritation. As you could expect, paranoia sets in immediately, but logic tried to rationalize it based off what I've read on the net.  Here is what I can guarantee you- I am 39 years old, and I have NEVER experienced a rash/blister/lesion/ulcer on my penis before. I have been with my now fiance (who is clean/negative) for 4 years and have NEVER strayed in those 4 years (and neither has she).  Prior to meeting her, I had a girlfriend of 2 years with HSV-1 but rarely engaged in oral sex and NEVER while she had an outbreak/cold sore.  Everything I have read states the first outbreak is within a few weeks of infection, so am I just being paranoid or am I some rare case of contracting herpes but not experiencing symptoms for I guess you could say 6 years?  I have been working outside a lot lately and been a little overly stressed as well, so could this have anything to do with it?  The area in question doesn't hurt or itch.  It's obviously a little tender cause it's raw, but I have actually been wrapping it with a band aid (don't laugh :-) ) for some cushioning as well as applying Santyl ointment to help speed up the healing.  This photo was taken yesterday where you can clearly see the single blister next to the area that had crusted over. http://s11.postimg.org/fjqd0dpdv/pic.jpg
Hopefully somebody can shed some light on this and point me in the right direction.  Thank you for your time...
Hi, folks can go years asymptamatic and all of a sudden have an outbreak. The crushing and second one next to it would be a bit concerning but they also should be somewhat paiful. Minor symptoms like yours could be suggistive of hsv1 from the oral from your past partner. I would suggest to immediatly have the sore swabbed and a blood test to confirm this.
The beauty about HSV1 on your genitals is that it won't occur as often and because of that I heard it is less likely that you will infect someone else, although possibility is still there. Get a pcr test asap.