Herpes Community
Possible herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Possible herpes

weeks ago. I had unprotected oral sex in a brothel. 2 days later I had pain in my urethra. I went to the local sex health clinic after 3 days who tested me for STDs  all came back clear they tested me for herpes via a urine sample as my symptom's were in my urethra they said they checked this for DNA again all clear. I was given azithromycin and told it was most likely Urethritis. I followed up 2 weeks later with my GP when symptom's did not clear I had another blood test and came back clear again. My symptoms now were urge to urinate frequently and would only dribble no pain while urinating however a slight burning sensation afterwards. My doc gave me a course of antibiotics which I cant recall the name I had to take two tablets twice a day. The symptom's did not clear after approximately 3 weeks I experienced nausea and felt weak almost like I had a mild virus. I have had a Herpes igg blood test after approximately 4 weeks and showed I have been exposed to HSV 1 and was negative for HSV 2. I have not had any bumps or sores on my genitals. I went back to the sexual health clinic and was told that I do not have an STD and to follow up with my GP V. I do not have a UTI as I have been tested three times with urine samples plus taken antibiotics. I made an appointment with a urologist and he said that I had prostatis and gave me more medication. My symptoms have slowly cleared a little however as the urge to urinate has cleared. I am now experiencing intermittent tingling sensations in my genital area this is felt regularly throughout the day, especially when sitting as well as a slight discomfort around the opening of my penis again this seems to happen in waves. I am not sure what to do next I am not imagining things as advised by 1 doctor, an its not my anxiety that's causing these symptoms. My symptoms now after 9 weeks are still there daily tingling in my groin and sensitive penis tip.  I had a follow up blood test at 8 weeks and came back negative for everything except hsv1. My urologist said Its prostatis and to come back in three months.  Help
Hi, from what you describe the doc is correct. All testing came back clear and you did test int he right time frame but herpes would be conclusive after 3 months. Tingling is called prodrome symptom with herpes as is not a constant tingling so you can rule the tingling associated with herpes pretty much out. Also tingling is more associated with those who already have had a genital outbreak and not so much for primary infection. If the prostate is infected you would have tingling as the nerves are being effected in the area also problems with urinating could be caused from an enlarged prostate as cuts off the urethra that goes through the middle of it.

Getting rid of uti,s sometimes takes a few trips to the doctor to get rid of them.
Just to follow up would prostatis cause a burning sensation on the tip of the penis as the symptoms have lasted for 9 weeks and there is general discomfort around the penis?
Have a swab of the inside of your penis cultured or a pcr test to see if anything is in there. maybe trich which is a parasite.