Herpes Community
Possible infections or conditions that resemble genital herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

My 15 year old daughter had sex for the first time about 3 months ago. She has only had that one partner, her boyfriend of 8 months. Since they began having sex, there have been 2 occasions where sex was unprotected.  Over the last 2 months, I have taken her to the doctor for treatment for UTI's, the last just 3 weeks ago. Last weekend she mentioned increased discharge but no distinct smell, tenderness, odor, etc. About 5-6 day later she mentioned discomfort during urination again and there was on medium size sore present inside the labia, just below the clitoris and the opening of her vagina was like raw skin. The doctor conducted several tests, advised of a UTI and prescribed metronizadole as well as vaginal cream, until the other lab results came back. Over the next 48 hours, her entire vaginal area erupted in many small scattered sores, not clustered, but individual. They quickly burst and are raw and open. We returned to the doctor, and were seen by another who immediately suggested it was herpes and submitted a new culture to the lab, prescribed Aciclover and advised us to return in 7 days to discuss the results. I am completely devastated at the thought of this, and am just hoping that he is wrong. Are there any conditions or infections, bacterias, anything else that this could be? Or is it highly unlikely? The information online points in so many directions and gives so many varying descriptions and explanations, that I don't want to get my hopes up in vain, nor do I want to give in to the idea, when there may be some hope..Please help
already answered on the std experts forum.
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers