Herpes Community
Pregnancy and Herpes

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Pregnancy and Herpes

Does the HSV2 virus affect a man's sperm? Is there any chance of getting pregnant without having sexual intercourse? It it possible to use IVF?
Look into IUI, this is not super expensive. From what I have read HSV does not affect a Man's sperm and you can still get pregnant but if your using condoms because your husband has it and want to get prego IUI can be a good way! Hope that helped
Is it true that condom doesnt prevent someone from getting the virus? My hisband told me that his doctor says so. Thanks for the input about the IUI.
No condoms are not 100% because an area that he has an outbreak on may not be covered by the condom and may touch your skin.
Just wanted to give you some information I ran across. The is a gender selection site that discusses the use of condoms and methods to cut holes in them to select gender and get pregnant. I thought this would be good info for you being you were looking for methods to have protect sex and get pregnant with your husband. They said to put a very small slit in the tip of the condom, just enough to let the semen out but not big enough for it to break (this may take a little practice) anyway I know your not looking for gender selection and not sure how that allows you to select gender but thought this might be an effective method for you as well and is cheaper then IUI.
you already received terrific answers from HHH on the experts forum. continue to follow up there as needed.

no real reason for ivf for pregnancy either!!

grace