Herpes Community
Prevent Breakouts
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prevent Breakouts

Does anyone know any natural herbs or anything else that can prevent breakouts ? I have been using lysine and before then I would have a breakout   each time around my cycle . However , Not until recently I didn't have any breakouts for 5 months . I think when I started stressing this caused me to have a breakout . Is there anything else I could use ? Even when I do have a breakout is there something I could put on the sore as well ?  
Related Discussions
101028_tn?1419606604
actually lysine isn't really all that effective for preventing herpes recurrences or speeding healing of lesions. several articles on this on pubmed for more reading. we also don't have any studies on if it helps to reduce viral shedding either if your partner doesn't have herpes.

no alternative therapy so far has been shown to prevent recurrences or speed healing of ob's consistently for genital herpes :(  most of the sites that recommend particular herbs are basing their recommendations on studies done in the petri dish, not on research in animals or humans that were successful.  

stress also hasn't been found to be a trigger for herpes consistently for people.  Usually it ends up being coincidence more than anything.  

plenty of topicals you can use on your herpes when you have recurrences for symptom relief. I like tea tree oil myself but you can have reactions to it and you have to always dilute it before using it.  I'm a fan of the cheap myself - even steeping a tea bag and using it as a compress is helpful with pain relief for lesions.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank