Herpes Community
Primary Outbreak
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Primary Outbreak

I've been doing ALOT of research and I feel like I know everything I want to know about herpes......I've had the type specific herpes test about 2 months ago and found I was positive for HSV1 and negative for HSV2.

Recently (like 3 days ago), someone who told me she have HSV2 performed oral sex on me.....Ive read that is highly unlikely for me to get HSV2 genitally from oral sex because 3% of HSV2 is oral and it sheds only 1% of days orally.

Still, I have some concern.....I've been inspecting the genital area carefully, I do not have any of the "classic" symptoms but I haven't been able to find literature on the fact the everyone infected with HSV2 has a primary outbreak.

So my question is, does everyone infected with HSV2 genitally have a primary outbreak? Or, is someone able to get infected with HSV2 and never had an outbreak? Or, if everyone DOES get a primary outbreak, they think its something else and that is HSV2 is so widely undiagnosed?
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
Put down the mirror and stop checking out your genital area so much.  

I wouldn't be the least concerned about contracting hsv2 from oral sex.  You are already hsv1+ which would've been your biggest risk from oral sex.

grace
Blank
Thanks Grace, it is kinda freaking me out. I'll try to get over it.
Blank
Hi Grace you seem to know a lot about HSV2 and 1. I just want to ask about 2 things. I have done a little research and see that the incubation period is 2-24 days. Is it possible for it to be longer? Also is the primary out break different to recurrent ones? I have been diagnosed with HSV2 through a swab test and a blood test which came back neg for me having it a long time but showed as an acute infection ( the way the doc explained it to me ) . I have been in a very casual relation ship for about 3 months but had sex with some one else a little over a month ago. 1and a hlf weeks ago I had sex with my casual guy and I got a vaginal tear that I went to the doctors for. Two days later I got what looked like a shaving rash followed by intense itching. I went back to docs who took a swab of my rash and it came back postive for HSV2 and started taking Favic. 2 days later I got some blisters on my vagina and then a day or so ago in my mouth I also had lots of aches and pains in my body and was really fatigued.Doc says this is classic of a primary outbreak. I have tested neg for HSV1. Im wondering if I got this from my casual guy or the one night stand?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank