Herpes Community
Probability of Herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Probability of Herpes?

Hi, I had protected sex with a sex worker on Friday. I was incredibly drunk and was hardly even able to get it up. It started with oral sex for a short time, she then was on top for roughly 20 seconds at most and then we both masturbated till I ejaculated. Whilst she was on top of me - I was not erect enough and hence she was grinding on my groinal area more than she would have if i was fully erect (this is where I feel the most skin to skin contact took place). Whilst she was masturbating she also put her fingers in her anus and then I can't remember but I think she touched my penis - although I had a condom on. We did not kiss - she did lick my testicles unprotected however.

It is now Wednesday evening. over the last two days - I have felt some symptoms associated with herpes - it started with scratching of my pubic hair, and feeling slightly hot (temperature), I have developed a cough and am sneezing with headaches. and today (Wednesday) - I have had itching around my anus. I tried to look at my anus in the mirror and can see 5/6 white spots which seem to be dotted around my anus. Not connected nor directly touching. I have also felt my arms aching etc.

From what I have read on this forum and others, although herpes is a common disease and easily transmitted because of people not knowing they are infected there are various probabilities:

- chance of men catching it from women who are infected but not showing any symptoms
- chance of men catching whilst using a condom
- chance of catching it from a one time encounter

From what I have described, what do you think my chances are of catching it? I read on a post that with skin to skin contact the virus needs to be massaged in and because of the way she was grinding on me and perhaps touching areas not covered by a condom. I am rather worried.

On my pubic hair around Saturday/Sunday I did develop a single pimple on my pubic hair just above my penis and that had a white head which produced puss when I popped it.

I did not think about herpes at that stage so didn't take notice. Again from what I understand - it needs to be connected to other pimple like spots.

I'm just not sure. Appreciate any help you could give.
this was a very low risk encounter. you can contract certain std's from just skin on skin contact but the odds of such are very low. A finger in the anus isn't a herpes risk.

best thing to do is to be seen if you are concerned.

a cough and headache aren't signs of herpes. just itching and no obvious lesions aren't either.

grace