Herpes Community
Protected ** Herpes
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Protected ** Herpes

Hi,

I had a protected blow Job from a stripper ..... I am certainly sure she used a new condom...

My wife now has cold sore per the doctor..when came up as Herpes.... I've heard Herpes stays in the body for the rest of the life...

Does this mean.... I already have Herpes...???
Is Herpes(Cold Sores) contracted by having sex???I know genital herpes is transmitted sexually???? HELP??

Thanks in Advance.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Cold sores are oral herpes. It's usually caused by Herpes type 1.
Genital herpes is...genital herpes. It can be caused by Herpes type 1 or type 2.

If your had protected oral sex, there was virtually no risk of getting herpes from that stripper. Meaning you wife most likely did not catch her oral herpes from you (and therefore from such encounter). Around 80% of people have herpes type 1 and a lot of them get oral symptoms. It's that common.

So your wife's cold sore might be a manifestation of an older infection that is not recurring. It didn't necessarily come from you and it's necessarily a new infection. Make sense?
Blank
Thanks Bobrope

I just remembered one more thing the same day....

There was a casual contact with a stripper where in she kisssed me on my lips....and there was a skin contact....

do you suspect anything ????
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
odds are that neither you nor your wife have ever been tested for herpes before. have you asked her if she's ever had cold sores before that she can recall?

protected oral sex is not a risk for herpes.

oral herpes is almost exclusively transmitted through romantic type kisses as an adult. could  you have contracted oral herpes from kissing someone , not gotten an obvious cold sore yourself and transmitted it to your wife? yes you could've. could either of you have had hsv1 prior to all of this and just never knew it? of course.

at this point you'll probably never figure out the when and from whom parts.

grace
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank