Herpes Expert Forum
Protected High Risk Sex

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Protected High Risk Sex

Like many people I had bad judgement.  I am a guy and I had protected vaginal sex with a female stripper.
It was missionary, not vigorous and the condom did not break.
This was 8 full days ago.  I have no symptoms except some genital itching/irritation but it may be due to I am thinking about it a lot and I check every little tingle.  

I am going to get tested but, in the meantime, My questions are:
Do you think I passed the time Herpes would show up?  I have read so many different time frames when sores could show up from initial infection.
What is the chance I could have  contracted Herpes or anything else?  
What other STD's should I REALLY be worried about?
What signs I should be looking for?

Luckily I am single so this will only affect me.  Thank you.
A one time intercourse with a condom presents little risk for acquiring herpes, honestly.  I can't tell you it is zero, but I can tell you it is statistically very unlikely.  The average time from infection to first symptoms is 5.5 days with the range being about 1-10 days.  So you're getting htere.  

If you test, I would do it now as a baseline value.  You could have had herpes before and didn't know it.  If you only test later, you will never know if you got herpes at this encounter or had it before and didn't know it.

Terri
Also, as a follow up to my post above, the next morning I noticed a tiny little nick on the top of my shaft, near the head.  It didn't bleed but the skin was broken a little.  The condom did cover it.

I bring this up not because I think it is a symptom but for transmission reasons.
Thank you
Any break in the skin increases the risk of acquiring HSV.

Terri