Herpes Community
Question about non-break out hygiene

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Question about non-break out hygiene

I was diagnosed with Simplex 2 last May, in the anal region...since then, I've been on the fritz with my shower hygiene. I was wondering how I should clean myself when I'm not having an outbreak. Is asymptomatic shedding too dangerous to risk using my hands for anything? What sort of practice should I keep? I'm SO scared of transferring it to the frontal genital area, or my lips....but it's so hard to stay clean... Any help to put my mind at ease is appreciated.
you already have the virus in your entire anal-genital area. it's not just in the anal area. You won't spread it elsewhere - it's already there!

grace