Herpes Community
Question about transmission of herpes and other STDs
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Question about transmission of herpes and other STDs

'm extremely worried I may have herpes. Okay yesterday I have fallen into the unfortunate fate of running into a guy in the street that I have no interest in whatsoever, but he likes me for whatever reason that I dont care what it is. He was riding his bike and doing his exercise on his bike like I remember him doing before, and he was really sweaty. He stopped to say hello to me and he reached out his hand to shake mines, and me being submissive not being able to tell people no, as soon as I shook his hand he grabbed my hand and pulled me to him for a hug. Ew he was sweaty and his sweat got on my hands and arms (not alot if I remember correctly). I was trying not to let me skin touch his during the hug but I failed. And he was musty. I wanted to vomit. Can't you catch herpes from sweat??? Can you catch any form of hepatitis??? What about can you catch HPV from sweat??? Me being a germaphobe doesnt make me feel any way able to relax about this problem. If it is possible to catch any of these STDs, when should I go get a test for them?? Let me note that this happened a day before I write this question.

HELP!! :(
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Hi, you did not have any risk for contacting any std,s None what so ever.
Blank
Are you sure? Because what makes me really worried about the STDs is because I read something online about wrestlers herpes. It's called "wrestlers herpes" because the wrestlers contract it by skin to skin contact if that's possible, but they don't mention if it is passed through sweat or what. :(
Blank
3149845_tn?1386354841
Im sure. you need direct naked genital to genital contact with rubbing and grinding or long exotic kissing to be at risk.
The wrestlers that you mention are exposed especially in the genital area you i take it your not a wrestler?
Blank
Oh okay haha that makes sense. Lol when you worry you tend to think illogically. :( And the hug was only brief and not much of my skin touched his. I also have no cuts in my skin either.
Blank
There is a reason they are called stis - that is the mode of transmission
Blank
probly not hpv or herpes but staph is transmitted this way. skin to skin
Blank
Thank you guys for the answers. I feel a bit relieved.
Blank
Have a Herpes question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979