Herpes Expert Forum
Questionable Encounter

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Questionable Encounter

I went to get a massage from a reputable licensed masseuse.  At the end of the session I had an erection, and she offered to "take care of it" for an extra fee.  I wasn't thinking with my brain, and agreed to the fee.  At this point she began giving me fellatio. (with my approval)  She licked my penis once, and gave me head for about 2 minutes, and then masturbated me to completion.  There was no condom involved.  My question is how high is my risk for genital herpes, or any other STD?  I get checked for all STD's every year, and this is the first time I've have any kind of unprotected sex outside of a long term relationship.  I'm worried, and wondering when & how often should I test.  

Thank you,
Bob
I think your risk for acquiring an STD in this situation is extremely low.  The oral sex is the only risk and it is low risk.  Have you ever had a cold sore on you lip?  If yes, then it is very unlikely that you would get a new case of the cold sore virus (almost always HSV 1) in a new location.  If you've not had a cold sore in you life, then I would just be on the lookout in the genital area for any discharge or bumps or sores that are different than your usual skin presentation.  
Terri