Herpes Community
Rash on buttocks

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Rash on buttocks

I woke up in the middle of the night from a sharp pain that felt like an incest bite. I then developed a rash that became red, itchy with boils filled with puss. I ignored it assuming it was the result of an insect bite. However the rash is recurring. I would like to know if it could possible that I have herpes. Also,can the initial pain/symptoms of herpes seem like a sharp painful bite from a pest.  I had sex about 30 days before the rash appeared with protection. Please advise what is the best test to determine if one has herpes.
Hi, usual symptoms appear 2 to 12 days or so post exposure and with a primary out break, there often is a fever and body aches as the immune system is mounting a defensive antibody buildup. If this was a recurrent outbreak often there are prodrome symptoms like tingling prior to an outbreak.
The only way to know for sure if this is a herpes outbreak is to get tested. Best to have a swab of the sore taken within 48 hours after appearing.
From what you describe i doubt this is a herpes related but only testing will confirm this.
Thank you for your response. I truly do appreciate it. I will have the swab test done. Thanks a million.