Herpes Community
Rash on pubic area
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash on pubic area

I am a 22 year old sexually active female.  About a month ago I noticed a little pink/red spot on my pubic area and just thought it was dry skin or irritation from shaving or something.  But yesterday I noticed that is has spread: There are clusters of tiny bumps and some that are also spread out on their own, that are mostly located on the right side of my pubic area.  There is absolutely nothing in the vaginal area.  They do not hurt, or itch.  I have had unprotected sex twice, the last time being in September.  I am worried this is herpes, however, said sex was 4 months ago and the initial "rash" thing never burst or anything.  I also have not experienced any symptoms such as fever or headache, though some vaginal discharge is possible.

I am currently in Europe and will not return home for 2 more weeks...I plan on seeing the doc. the day after I get back.  But I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about whether it could be something besides herpes.

Thanks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
101028_tn?1348750963
You  need to find a clinic to be seen at now. This is more likely to be a bacterial infection that spread from the cut from shaving than anything else and I wouldn't put off having it looked at for 2 more weeks. I know it's a pain to be seen when out of the country but it's your best bet.

grace
Blank
one more question: is it possible to have herpes just on the pubic area? and if so, is that typical?

also, the reason i'm so worried is because of the way it's kind of clustered.
Blank
and one more thing (sorry): I would like to reiterate that there is no pain or itching. that's a good sign, right?
Blank
207091_tn?1337713093
Its not typical, but possible.

No pain or itching is a good sign, but not definitive.  You really need to be seen by a doctor.

Aj
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Herpes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank