Herpes Community
Rash on scrotum

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Rash on scrotum

So I had unprotected sex with a girl that I barely knew unprotected and I realized a few days later that I was developing a slight itch in my genital region. About a week later I started noticing a red rash on my scrotum that has distinct boarders about an inch from where the scrotum meets the leg. I went to health center at my college and the practitioner assured me it wasn't herpes or an STD, which was a relief because I was panicking. He told be he thought it was jock itch and to treat it with terbinafine.
I started treatment right away (about twice a day I rub it on) and it has been about two weeks and the rash is still there. More precisely the rash is red with distinct boarders, I seen many very very small white dots on my scrotum and groin area, and the head of my penis has a new sort of leathery/wrinkly feel on an area of it. Also my scrotum seems too be more wrinkly, do you think the practitioner was correct in his diagnosis? He seemed very sure it was jock itch but I want to be positive.
since you had unprotected sex, you should be following up with proper std testing at the proper times. you can get tested for chlamydia, gonorrhea, trich and ngu any time after 1 week post encounter. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 6 weeks.  

have you had your gardasil shots for hpv yet?

since the rash didn't go away in 2 weeks of treatment, time to be seen again for further evaluation. sometimes it takes a few tries until you find a yeast treatment that works best.

in the future, only have protected sexual contact - saves you worrying, saves you money from testing, helps prevent pregnancy as well as protects you!

grace

grace
When I went to see the practitioner I explained the whole unprotected sex thing and the entire situation, but he still said that he felt std test were not needed especially for the cost. He seemed really confident, which makes me think that I am over thinking the whole situation because I'm pretty paranoid.
   Should I just take his advise and calm down or do you think my paranoia is just?

Thank you!  
it's being sexually responsible to follow up with proper testing at the proper times to protect yourself and future partners.

no reason to think this rash is std related. since it isn't going away though, return to be seen monday for further evaluation.