Herpes Community
Rash

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Rash

Around January I went to massage parlor, just nude body to body rub. I know i was stupid first time and last. On February I got a  single rash on my back that itches like crazy. At first i didn't think it was anything serious. So i left it alone, Itches crazy at night every day. A Week later  I see that my whole body is itching like crazy. See rash all over my body even on face too; Look like blister with clear fluid comes out. No idea what can it be. Got std test after 3month everything neg expect hsv1 pos. This question might be stupid can i been allergic to herpes? Can it be hsv1 spread all over my body? Any idea what could it be?
herpes won't cause a rash all over like this.

did you see your provider for a proper exam? do you still have the rash?

grace
Hi grace. I went the doctor 1 1/2 month later when the first rash developed, so that would be on April. I know i should have seen the doctor earlier but i though it was nothing serious and i didn't have insurance. At the point i had blister like rashes all over my body,blister would leak clear fluid. The doctor told me it was something i was allergic too, So prescribed some pills and cream which helped a lot.Week later it fully healed. So happy then couple of day later it started to itch again on my arm, Seen like a rash going developed. From May to Now i been itches and stops;off and on. I went the doctor and again, said the same thing "allergic reaction". I never been allergic to anything my whole life. I'm in my mid 30s. I pretty sure i got it from the massage parlor. Any idea what it can be?
this isn't something you got from the massage parlor still causing you symptoms like this a year later.

many things can cause contact dermatitis. companies are constantly changing their ingredients in products plus the more you are exposed to allergens, the more likely you are to have a worsening of symptoms from them. time to see a dermatologist it sounds like.
Another question, Can hsv 1 move from one spot another. I remember back feb. I had spot on my nose(pretty sure it was hsv-1 outbreak) took 3-4 week to completely heal. Now i have spot on my thumb. Am pos. for hsv-1 never recall having any spot on my lip before. How can you tell if its herpes or or just a regular infection. It did hurt and itches when it was swollen.  
you can get herpes on your thumb but it typically doesn't happen after having had oral herpes for awhile. it won't move from the oral area to the thumb on its own - two completely different sets of nerves.

herpes whitlow hurts like heck I"m told.  if you weren't seen when you had symptoms initially, too late now to find out if it was herpes related or not.
My dermatologist said "he cant tell if it herpes 1 on my finger but he also says herpes 1 usually doesn't come back at same spot. Is that true?
No doctor can tell visually if something is herpes, ultimately. He/she should be testing it for herpes! Insist on a swab/culture of symptoms!

I do know someone that has herpes whitlow, and they say it is extremely painful, as grace stated.

Don't confuse guilt with risk - no reason to think your exposure a year ago gave you herpes. If it is herpes, it almost certainly came from another exposure - even from when you were a child. You won't spread herpes all over your body though, that's for certain!
Thank you petal130 and grace.
It happen this year not last year. The rash i got my my finger does itches/hurts a bit not extremely painful,  So i think it wouldn't be herpes whitlow. Yeah my dermatologist didn't get swab because it too late starting to heal.
at this point all you can do is to continue to follow up with your dermatologist as needed for continuing symptoms.