Herpes Community
Raw spot, herpes?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Raw spot, herpes?

About 3 and a half weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a woman I know, but it was a one night stand.  2 days ago I was masturbating in the shower, and felt a little friction sensitivity.  Underneath the head of my penis, there is a red spot, kind of rubbed raw.  The spot is still there 2 days later.  It is not raised, i don't think, does not have a center and is not painful.  When i touch it, it has sensitivity.  but basically it is a small red patch.  Sometimes it is redder than other times.

In the past i have tested negative for hsv-2, positive for hsv-1.  Is it possible this is herpes?  Realize it is not the blister, cold sore, clustered variety, but maybe these are very mild symptoms?  Is it possible that mild version could be just a single patch like this?
Tags: Herpes, raw, Spot, penis
Ok, I looked again, and it is the size of a small pimple, but with no center and not raised.  It is located on the underside of my penis, on the ridge between the head and the shaft.  If I don't touch it for awhile, it basically just looks like a discoloration along the ridge.
Any insights here would be hlepful.  Thanks!
Please be patient! Not getting any replies in 3 hours isn't unusual at all.

the best thing to do is to be seen and get this looked at properly. If they suspect herpes, they can do a lesion culture and typing of it.

because you had unprotected sex, you can follow up with proper std testing at the proper times. You can get tested for gonorrhea and chlamydia anytime after 1 week post encounter. syphilis after 6 weeks. herpes, hiv and hepatitis after 3 months.

we recommend protected sexual contact because it works!  It saves you worrying, frequent testing as well as protects you significantly against most std's.

grace
Grace,

Thanks for your reply.  I will definitely get this checked out, but in the meantime does this sound like herpes to you?  Obviously you can only answer in limited fashion because it's all a written description, but just want an informal view while i wait for my appointment to be scheduled

Thanks!
well if it only looks like discoloration it probably isn't herpes but indeed you having hsv1 already would make hsv2 appear as a single lesion more likely than not.
Thank you for your response.  I truly appreciate it.  

One last question - how would you define a lesion?  Would it definitely have a center, fluid, etc.?  

Thanks and will let you know how my checkup and test ultimately goes
I really hope that its not herpes for you dude.  Basically that would throw our theory of very low chances by a single unprotected encounter out the window.
I agree. Especially since I'm in the same boat as him right now....
herpes appears differently on different people. follow up with appropriate testing at the appropriate times since you had unprotected sex but it really doesn't sound like herpes going on.
Grace,

I just met with a doctor and he said he is highly confident it is not herpes, but most likely a very small exczema (eczema) patch?  His diagnosis is based on it it being flat, no fluid, no blisterling, and being a single spot.  He did not recommend a biopsy, but instead gave me a cream that he said i should apply twice a day and see if the patch goes away in a week.  Does this seem like a reasonable diagnosis to you?

If correct, it's a crazy coincidence - i have never had exczema (eczema) on my penis before. Someone is trying to tell me something...
dry skin/irritation etc are common in the genital area. you probably irritated the lil guy when masturbating in the shower the other day. be kind to the lil fellow and use a good sex lube for masturbation, not shower gels or body lotions :)
I am happy for you man.  I am in a similar position, except don't have any bumps / pimples, but lately I have been feeling burning sensation on my inner thighs.  However, I am kind of following Grace's advise and just not reading into this too much.  
thanks buddy.  i'm such an idiot.

I hope it is not some mis-diagnosis.  I'm definitely going in for a blood test at the appropriate time.

in my worrying, i manufactured feelings of aches/ burning - total imagination.