Reactivation
I've had HSV-1 for about three years. I just found out recently. I had always thought that the sores that I got maybe once or twice in the past three years were rash or an allergic reaction. It was never an issue, they never hurt, and it healed very quickly. I am still with the partner that infected me, of three years.

However, the reason I found out in the first place that I am infected is because of my current outbreak. My partner did not have any symptoms of a cold sore at the time, and performed oral sex on me. A few days later, a cold sore showed up on his face and I got the bumps that I had always thought were an allergic reaction. In the beginning, everything was how it had always been, no real pain, nothing.

Now, though, the blisters have gotten larger and I have one near my urethra. The pain while urinating is intense. I am also sick, as he was getting kind of sick during the time when he performed the oral sex, and then eventually got "sicker" and developed the cold sore. I have never had sickness during any previous outbreaks, and now I am sick with a fever and having an outbreak.

Anyway, to get to the point, I am worried that this past time of oral sex "re-activated" the dormant HSV-1 virus that I have had for the past three years, and has potentially made it permanently worse for me. By that, I mean that the outbreaks had never even hurt before, and this now is very very painful.

I would not be bothered in the slightest if every future outbreak goes back to the way the old ones felt. I am truly worried that this reoccurence has permanently made future outbreaks worse. Could it be that since there is sickness and weakened immune system associated with this outbreak that the symptoms are more severe?

I cannot wait to hear your responses!
So, additionally, what I'm asking is... for example, if a person has a an active coldsore and kisses someone who has the HSV-1 oral coldsore virus, will kissing the person with the virus while YOUR virus is active activate the other persons virus?

AKA in my case, did his active cold sore reactivate my dormant condition?
Let's start at the beginning - how were you diagnosed as having hsv1?

has your partner ever been tested for herpes?

grace
Yes, partner has HSV-1 and not HSV-2, or anything else.
I just got my bloodwork back and am positive for HSV-1 and nothing else.
He has oral HSV-1, not genital.
ok so you really don't know what is going on genitally for you, just that you tested + for hsv1 on a blood test and so did your partner?  

how long after these rashes did you both get tested?