Herpes Community
Really scared

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Really scared

I am in a monogamous relationship with my wife and have never indulged in any promiscuity whatsoever.

In a gross error of judgement and overload of adrenaline, I visited a 'massage parlor' 2 days back. The massage was just a formality with light to moderate force and 5 mins of massage mainly on the back and a little on the buttocks and legs. She then offered me a handjob, which I accepted.

She poured out some lotion onto my penis and performed the act with her hands. During the act, she was unclothed and was sitting on top of my thigh (no contact between the genital areas). After the ejaculation, she wiped it off with tissues and I left.

The entire thing including the massage lasted around 15 mins from start to end.

This happened in the middle of a crazy weekend with little or no sleep and lots of partying before and after my parlour visit.

Over the last 12 hours, I have gone paranoid with the possibility of having contracted a STD, most probably Herpes.

1. Is it possible that the towel/table I was lying on was contaminated by the previous customer and that I could have contracted it, since was lying naked on my stomach?

2. Could I have contracted the Herpes via her hands onto my penis?

3. There is a mild rash on the inner thigh that I can notice. However, it is something I face many times after a hectic day due to excessive sweating and it is completely justified considering my hectic weekend. However, it is making me go crazy.

4. I developed a mild pain on the outside and back of my thigh within 6-8 hours (or even quicker) after the parlor visit. However, I have been undergoing physical therapy for my knee and thigh for last few months and pain in that leg is not unjustifiable. It is a little better now, after a day's rest. Also, due to the little sleep and exhausting weekend, my body has a slightly higher heat quotient and mild achiness.

5. From what I have read online, even getting a test done so early will prove nothing since the window for anti-body formation is 3-6 weeks. I don't know how to handle my fears other than waiting it out for 3 weeks and then, getting tested. I feel absolutely ashamed of myself and haven't been able to speak with my partner normally since the last 24 hours. I am scared of transmitting it to her.

What do i do?

This is pretty low risk...I don't think this is worth testing about but for your own piece of mind, if you have no symptoms and have normal testing over the next three months or so you should believe it.
How long should I wait before getting tested though?
I would say get a baseline test done to be sure where you stand as of right now. It usually takes anywhere from 12-16 weeks to seroconvert for herpes, but in the meantime along with your baseline testing make sure to be tested for all the other STDs just to be sure. Make sure you're testing with type specific blood tests, if you can find them, HerpeSelect IGg tests.
Considering my encounter, are there any other STDs I could have contracted?
I honestly don't think so,  but it never hurts to be sure. If you have no symptoms within the next three weeks however, I'm sure you'll probably be fine.
I just realized that in my anxiety, I forgot to thank you for your responses. Kindly forgive my unintentional rudeness. Thank you so much for your cooments.

In the meanwhile, I read Dr. HHH's comments on a few posts which states that getting an STD (even Herpes) from hand to genital contact is practically zero risk and that he is yet to see a patient who has contracted it that way. That makes me feel a little better, but I think I will still getting tests done after 3 weeks just to get my peace of mind back.
You're very welcome! I would say if you get tested at the 1 month mark and have realized that you have no symptoms, it may be wise to let this go. I know what it's like to feel unsure and scared around your partner, it's not a good feeling! I wish you luck and you should be ok.
Just one more question, you mentioned getting a baseline test. How important is it to get one?

Can I just take one after a month?
THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY NO RISK AT ALL!!  you don't need any testing done.

if you are concerned about your partner, don't continue to go to these sorts of places. Doesn't take much before a massage and a hand job turns into a blow job or more to get more money from you. Receiving unprotected oral sex would be a risk!

grace
Hi Grace,

I have browsed through this forum and found it really helpful, especially in conveying to me that hand to genital is not a risk at all. Comments from Dr. HHH and yourself on various posts have been truly reassuring. You are really doing a great job. It was definitely my first and last visit to such a place.

The only thing I have not been able to find a reference to is whether there is a risk if there are any blisters or lesions on her fingers/hands. I absolutely didn't pay attention to her hands and that is the only thing bothering me currently. Would that qualify as a risk?

Thanks again!
Though my question mentions only Herpes, I hope the 'no risk' applies to getting any other infections like HPV as well? :(
those sorts of places want to stay in business so if anyone had anything going on on their hands, they aren't allowed to work until healed. you really are worrying far too much about this.