Herpes Community
Recent Sexual Encounter Has Me Worried

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Recent Sexual Encounter Has Me Worried

Hello to all,

Let me start by saying I appreciate anyone taking the time to offer any advice. A week ago I had a sexual encounter with a new partner that I had just met. There was a lot of kissing and use of hands both Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Sunday morning during more kissing she began rubbing my penis with her hand taking it out of my pants and began oral sex before I stopped her after maybe 10 - 15 seconds.

I guess what has me mostly concerned is that in a picture she sent me I noticed what appeared to be canker sore like marks (two near one another) on her lip. They were small and appeared to be contained only to the lip (the pink soft tissue) and not on the face like blisters that I've seen online.

This has been very nerve-racking and I have been on a heightened state of awareness of any and all symptoms. I have noticed a soar throat which seems to come and go and possibly more saliva produced that normal. I have never been tested for Herpes in the past and am now extremely worried about this incident. I have expressed my concern to her but she has assured me I have nothing to worry about. Any thoughts?
is it likely you contracted anything from this brief oral sex? no it is not.

have you ever been tested for herpes to know your own status to know if hsv1 is even a risk for you?

grace
Well, first off, a canker sore is not the same as a coldsore. Canker sores are basically ulcers on the gums and usually show up after an injury (hitting your gum with your toothbrush, etc.). Those are not contagious. Coldsores are caused by the herpes virus and are very contagious.

Have you ever had a coldsore before that you can remember? Does she actually get coldsores for a fact or are you just assuming that she does?
It looked like canker sores on the lip in the picture (I can host the picture showing the section of her mouth where I observed it?), but I can not be sure.

This was a fling and I honestly was not thinking that night to check, but I am sure I would have noticed a cold sore on her lip or felt it while kissing.

I have never had a cold sore in my life, and as far as she goes again this was an isolated fling I am not sure if she gets cold sores. I want to know what I can do to get tested now, this is causing sleepless nights of worry, I understand there is a waiting period after infection but to put my mind at ease I am considering getting tested this week, for the sore throat if anything.

grace
I have never been tested for herpes, I have tested for HIV and a swab urethra test in the past though. I was also worried about all the kissing, any thoughts?
Also just to add, I have not been running a fever, just the sore throat that has been off and on for over a week now.
you can't assess your risk until you've been tested to know your own herpes status.

is it likely you contracted hsv1 from kissing? do you usually worry about oral herpes after you kiss someone?
I do not usually worry I guess what had me most concern was the picture she sent that showed marks on her lips that appeared to be small ulcers or canker sore like shapes near one another. I am going to be tested here in the near future as well.