Recurring, Circular, Red Spot on Penis after sex
I'm a 23 year old male who has had 3 sexual partners in the last year. Some sex has been protected, some hasn't. A while back, not sure exactly when, but at least 6 months ago, a spot began to develop on my penis after I would have sex with my girlfriend, regardless of whether we used protection. The spot was usually a red raw area, very small (1mm or less) circular in shape, flat, not raised. It does not ooze pus, and is not a growth of any sort, as far as I can tell. The spot would usually scab over just like the skin had been rubbed off anywhere else on my body and then heal within a few days and fade, but not completely disappear. Each time I had sex, however, it would reappear in the same place. Additionally, when I masturbated, it would also show up (but would not be raw because there was considerably less friction when I masturbated) and would be very light. I can tell during sex that the spot is developing because it becomes raw, as if from friction. I rarely if ever use lubricant, even though I know I should.

I have had sex with two girls since breaking up with that girlfriend, and each time the irritation returns in the same spot. The irritation also returns if I masturbate more than a couple of times a day.

While I hope that this is irritation, I am concerned that this is an STD like Herpes, because I know herpes spots scab over as well. I purchased some Hydrocortisone cream today and started using it to see if the spot would clear up.

Any opinions on this? I am going to get an STD test on Friday..but I am looking for some early opinions on what it might be.

Anything that reoccurs each time you have sex probably isn't going to be herpes related at all. Following up on this with your provider or a dermatologist is the best course of action. Since some of your sex hasn't been protected, getting a full std work up is a good idea too - it's part of being sexually responsible.

grace