Herpes Expert Forum
Red itchy scrotum and tingling all over genital area

Welcome to the Herpes forum. This forum is for questions and support pertaining to herpes simplex virus infections (HSV-1 and 2) and herpes zoster (shingles) and the virus that causes it, varicella zoster virus. Questions about genital herpes are welcome both here and on the STD Forum.

Ok here goes I'm married and I really messed up (so please I don't need the moral side of this as I am already crying myself to sleep everynight). I had unprotected sex with an older woman I met in a bar 7 nights ago. I got home and immediately showered; feeling disgusting. The next afternoon I woke up and was super hungover, and felt my genitals were sort of tingling, or ever so slight itching, or like I had something ever so slightly touching them (testicles and penis). However i describe the feeling it's best understood that I had to keep repositioning my testicles and penis consistently throughout the day. This went on for 2 days. I went to the dr. He gave me meds(1 huge pill and 1 powder form of azithromycen) for chlamydia and ghonorrea (just in case) but my urine just came back clean. He also took a blood test and said it would take a couple weeks. However I still have that itchy feeling. Mind you, never have I seen anything red or an unusual spots (except on the side of the "head" what I would call the lip of the head there are a couple skin toned little bumps (not red at all) and they might e actually been there forever but I am over analyzing them now maybe.  Ok, so yesterday (6days since contact with older woman) I went to the gym, showered, and watched some tv. During this period I developed a strong itch on my testicles and the sides/base of my penis(pubic hair area). I scratched repeatedly and went to look and realized my testifies (only my testicles) were extremely red and appear to have little red bites/bumps/marks all over them. I proceeded to put talcum powder on them and the severe redness went away. The "strong itch" is gone for the most part but I am still irritated. Today I purchase lotrimin and gold bond (as I frequently get jock itch; however always at the inner thigh pelvic area; never on the testicles) and the itching has seemed to stop but it's only been a couple of hours since I put it on. Please help...is this herpes?
I think the antifungal medicine is a good idea, your symptoms are similar to others who have a fungal or yeast infection.  You don't mention - did you use condoms?  You are posting on a herpes board, so I am assuming you wonder if you got herpes.  That seems unlikely to me, especially given your symptoms which do not sound herpetic.  Good that you got treatment and that even talc helps slow the itching.

I don't give moral judgements on this board, not my job and not my desire to do so.  Usually, people are hard enough on themselves, they certainly don't need me piling on.

Terri
Terri, thanks for answering. No I did not use a condom I was too drunk to even remember most of this occurrence. I did fail to mention due to the 2000 character limit that 2-3 days after the sex I had a fever 99, lower left side back pain (very minimal), and headaches. Today, the itch has subsided, however my testicles look red and blotchy/rashy still and look almost leather like and very dried out. Also the underside of the penis head; like where the head meets the shaft (I'm circumcised) is irritated now very slightly red with bumps that I'm almost positive were already there. God I can't wait to go to the dr tomorrow I'm losing my mind. I don't know what else to do. I also just squeezed my penis and a clear fluid came to the surface of my penis opening. Not sure if it was urine that was still in there or what it is. I'm so scared.
Quit squeezing your penis!  
I know you are scared, but do something constructive today to distract yourself and see your doctor tomorrow.  I'm guessing a fungal infection.

Terri
Perhaps it is scabies?
Went to the doctor this afternoon. He told me that it was a yeast infection.. Now I just have to get all of these medical bills paid for. Rough to do on a bartenders salary. Thanks again for the support.
Fungal infection = yeast infection.

Glad to hear that's all it is.  Next time, you could also try going to the county STD clinic as that price is often low or scaled, depending upon your income.  Or Planned Parenthood.  They see men, too.

Terri