Herpes Community
Red pimple on top lip, hurts when I press down on it.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

I noticed I have having a small red pimple growing right on the top of my lip, right where my lip line starts..that area is red and sensative. When I press on it it hurts. What can this be. I hoope i didnt catch anything orally? is this a sign of oral herpes
This could be herpes, it could be a blocked oil gland on the lip or it could just be a regular ole run of the mill pimple ( as well as it could be many other things too ). If you want to know what it is, see your provider for an exam and proper testing.

grace
grace i notice you dont see the small bump right on my lip, when you touch it you can feel the little bump and its not red anymore, was red for a couple of hrs when you press it, it hurts. do u really think this can be herpes?

im so scared and nervous? what other signs should i look for if it was herpes?
If you can't see it, it's probably not herpes.

You can google cold sores for more info on what to look for - lots of decent sites out there.

grace
yea you cant see it you only feel it when you touch it..what do u think this can be. and why is it when i press on it, it hurts, but you can see it just feel it..when it was forming that area was red, but now the redness went away , i didnt see a bump even when it was red.

since you cant see the bump and only feel it when you touch it and hurts when you press on it what can this be? and its not red anymore i dont think. i might feel some kind of slight sensativity.burning maybe i dont know...i shouldnt worry? i just noticed this today when i touched my lips would you be able to see the bump buy now if it was herpes?
grace i looked up cold sore and this is what it says on one website..."Definition
The scenario is all too familiar: You feel a tingling on your lip and a small, hard spot that you can't yet see. Sure enough, in a day or two, red blisters appear on your lip" is this herpes...u said if i cant see it its not herpes...this website says it is herpes?

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cold-sore/DS00358
now i see that the area has become red it u press on it, it hurts, at time i feel like its burning, what can this be, its where my facial skin meet me lips? can this just be a pimple and not herpes..i just got this today
I first advice is - stop pressing on it - LEAVE YOUR HANDS OFF OF IT!!!

See your doctor tuesday for further evaluation. Not much else we can do to help you unfortunately.

grace
looks like its forming into a pimple with a small white head in the middle. but the pimple is where my facial skin meets my lips.can this  just be a pimple?
It is very easy to become a hypochondriac! Trust me. I am 20 years old and have wasted the best part of a year worrying about all different things to do with oral health. I have found the best thing you can do I just let time take it's course. Do not touch it, do not do anything to the irritated area. The more you play with it the more chance there is of making it worse. If it is (I hate how the name can spread such panic through your mind and body) herpes/cold sore touching increases the chance of spreading it. It can cause irritation around your nose and eyes. I sincerely urge you not to touch.
But only time can tell. I also recommend staying well away from google. The deeper you research the more anxiety can take over.
If it is herpes/ cold sores it will not take long to be able to tell. They will blister and a crust will form.
If it's a spot at its worst it will form a yellow head which you will have great joy in popping.
I am happy to say that mine turned out to be spots (although every time now get a spot around the mouth area I still jump straight to the herpes conclusion. Luckily for me this is not the case)
Continuos touching of the face also causes spot out breaks due to the amount of dirt your palms pick up during the day. I also find that avoiding shaving can cause spots to. If you plan on avoiding a few shaves to cover up spots I advise you don't. It just builds grease and oils (especially at my age.. Y'know adolescence and what not)
Any way I hope this helps.
After becoming a slight hypochondriac I realised that a lot of what is said on here becomes poison to the physiological health and can cause a spiral or downward thinking. If you are that worried go to a doctor but I reckon you should try your best to leave it at least a week.

Good luck to all the other internet issued hypochondriacs out there.
I wish you the best.