Herpes Community
Reliability of IGG testing?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Reliability of IGG testing?

I just wanted to follow up with a question here. I have received some great help from the folks out here in the past and I just wanted to try and get some closure to this chapter of my life. About 9 months ago I had an "erotic massage" from a csw. There was no sex but some genital to genital contact. I am in a committed relationship and obviously this stupid choice I made caused me much anxiety. You can probably read my older posts on this if you wish. Anyway, I was told by the good people out here and the doctor that this was a low to "no risk" encounter and that I was basically suffering from anxiety related symptoms. I still tested for gon/clamid and was negative. I went with the good advice I got out here and tried to put it behind me as a terrible mistake.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and my family received some very stressful news. My anxiety is higher than its been in years because of this and I noticed some very small pimples appear on the shaft of my penis. I of course freaked out and thought I somehow was having a delayed outbreak of HSV. I consulted with one of the doctors out here and based on my description of things he doubted it was HSV. Of course he recommended swab testing. I unfortunately had already gotten the blood test done after I found out about the suspect reliability of the test (mainly related to false positives). Well I got the test back and it was negative for both HSV 1&2. Officially it said <.9 for both.

The stupid massage incident was my one and only mistake of this kind and I'm positive my wife is trust worthy. Also the "pimples" are basically the same as when the appeared over two weeks ago. Given all this evidence I know it is likely I do not have HSV but I need the experience and assurance of someon more knowledgable than me.

So, how reliable are the negative test results? Does the fact that my pimples haven't changed in two weeks point away from HSV?
you have a post going on the std experts forum. continue asking questions there to get your money's worth.
Hey Grace, thanks I thought I used up all my questions there. Didn't want to get yelled at by the good doctor. Lol.

I don't know if you remember but you helped me quite a bit when I first came here with this problem. I've often thought about how helpful and reassuring you were. Thank you so much for the wonderful work you do out here and for keeping me sane last summer. I trust your option just as much as any doctor out here. Keep up the great work.