Herpes Community
Relief???

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

Relief???

Anyone have any ideas on how to relieve some of the itching & or burning feelings. I read on a thread somewhere that you could use Dermablast(hope thats the correct name) to help with itching. Any ideas would be appreciate...thanks
Tags: relief
Have you went and been examined and had any testing done yet? i fnot that's your next step.

grace
I have a Dr's appt Thursday, but I need some kinda relief until then. I cant sleep its bugging me so bad.
The dermoplast is good ( the blue can, not the red can for the genital area ). Also soaking in the tubby with epsom salts or aveeno bath thrown in is helpful too.

Unfortunately until you are seen thursday it'll probably be far too late for a lesion culture and typing :(  Be sure to get a baseline herpes igg blood test drawn and also get tested for yeast and bacterial infections as well as other std's while there.

grace
Will the blood test be enough to tell a positive/negative result? This is a new Dr for me, 1st visit to her (no insurance before) & she said she doesnt do paps on the 1st visit, so I assume she wouldnt take a culture during an exam since I cant get the pelvic exam until the 2nd visit. I tried an otc yeast medicine, no relief from the discharge/itching. Maybe I should just go to the local std clinic instead, since its done on a walk-in basis & I'm sure since its a specialty clinic they have more knowledge in that area. They can test for everything there. Recently out of an abusive relationship, being jobless & homeless...I'm just now starting to get my life back together & this shows up. Very depressing
the blood test will give you a baseline result and you'll have to repeat it in a few months probably.

Lesion cultures need done within 24-48 hours of the appearance of lesions. it's going to be way too late for that on thursday.

grace
The lesions have been here since the 11th( I made a mistake earlier & posted the 17th) is that normal for them to stay so long? They seem to be clearing up a little now but still painful. I dont know if I'm paranoid or what but I seem to feel a tingling in my face/cheek area & back. Also what feels like pressure behind my eyes. Somewhat of a sore throat, nodes dont feel swollen though. Havent ran a fever at all. I'm scared of the results, doesnt seem to be much else that it could be with so many symptoms. I pray it isnt but I dont know what the outcome will be. We had sex the same day I noticed these things, sux trying to do the right thing by using a condom & still get burned(no pun intended)...is that possible or maybe an old infection that just surfaced???  Thank you very much for your time Grace, I really appreciate it.
Are you also posting this on webmd too?  I think we are replying on 2 different boards for you !!

It's far too late for a lesion culture. go , be seen and get examined and go from there. I f this really is herpes, it's going to be going away on it's own soon and treating it 3 weeks into things isn't going to be all that helpful but won't hurt either.

grace
I waited because the Dr. was on vacation & I couldnt see anyone else in her office. Some stupid rule about if u see 1 Dr u can only see that Dr. I was thinking the same thing, that it is herpes because its starting to clear up on its own, dont think other stds do that. I dont know if she will even look at it since there are so stuck on only doing a "complete physical" but "no pap or pelvic exam on the first visit". Seems like to me, that should be included in a "complete" physical dont u think? Especially for a woman. Anyway, I'm going to tell her my symptoms, maybe she'll do it based on that. I'm def gonna get a blood test done if nothing else. I've been awake for days, only sleeping here & there just stressed out. Somethings gotta give, I dont guess I can spend the rest of my life lying on the couch.