In all I had 6 sexual partners till now. One of them is my wife and rest are either CSW or one night stands. I have never been tested of herpes and did not have any severe out break to remember. My sexual history is as follows -
1) In Oct 2008, I had sex with a CSW. I gave her cunnilingus but had protected fellatio and vaginal intercouse. It was so far off that I am not sure whether I had any blisters (particularly after the incident) in my mouth. For penis, I am sure that I had no blisters..
2) In July 2010, I had an unprotected fellatio and protected vaginal sex with a CSW. Again, it was so off in past that I do not remember any blisters in my mouth but again no blisters on my penis or nor any clear symptoms.
3) Two other sexual incident involved neither kissing, nor oral and nor vaginal or anal intercourse. One of the lady gave me a glove protected hand job that I think should be very safe.
4) My last encounter was on 4th May with a CSW. We kissed and we had protected oral and vaginal sex. I have developed small red spots on my penile glans. The spots are 4 in numbers. They are very small and does not look like blisters. The spots are from Saturday (11th May onwards). They have not grown in size from then...I am also having very strange sensation like vibration of nerve or vein right below my testicles. I am not sure the reason but can be because of my anxiety. Does it look like herpes? Please answer...I am very worried....
I have taken a blood test for HSV. The results are awaited. Can anyone tell me what are my risk factors here? Also, it will be great if I can have some other test done.
No, your symptoms don't sound like herpes to me. I rarely see herpes on the head of the penis (I have, but not often). And usually herpes lesions change over time, they evolve, yours don't sound that way.
I think the risks associated with your contacts have been minimal, due to using condoms regularly. Condoms aren't perfect at preventing and STI like herpes or genital warts and they aren't good at all when they break, but it doesn't sound like that's the case with you. But I would ask yourself - if the condom broke during an encounter, how much would you worry then and how much would your life be impacted? From the tone of your note, I have a feeling you would be very worried.
Thanks for your reply. There are some recent developments -
After my last sexual encounter which was on 4th May, I went to STI clinic on 14th May and got myself physically examined for spots and the doctor confirmed that it was not herpes but just allergic reaction. Even now which is 6 days after I observed first spot, they are still the same and does not hurt.
I also got tested for HIV, Hep B, Chlamydia, gonorrhoea and syphilis on 8th May and all of them came negative.
Now to answer to your question, in my case condom was not broken in any of my sexual encounter.
I have just three follow up question -
1) Do you think that I should test for herpes? and if yes than when to test and what test would you recommend? and what is the reliability of these tests. please note that I am in Europe and not in states.
2) Do you think that I am at risk of any other STI other than herpes and should get tested again? If yes then what diseases and what tests?
3) Finally, I have bought syphilis home test kit to make sure I m not infected by it. Can you suggest me the reliability of these kits and when I can be quite sure that the results are reliable?
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.