Herpes Community
STD from massage parlor??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding herpes issues such as: Herpes symptoms and treatments, causes, diagnosis, and herpes in men, tests, telling your spouse or partner.

STD from massage parlor??

I went to a massage parlor about 9 days ago and the women there gave me a shower, using probably a re-used wash cloth.  Afterwards she have me a massage and a happy ending.  A day later, I started feeling some tingling on the tip of my penis.  Didnt think any thing of it at first.  5 days later, I had a broke out with about 10-12 pimples on my buttocks area.  This is when i freaked out. I immediately went to the urgent care, and he said it did not look like herpes and gave me a prescription to cortisone.  I still did not feel relieved at all.  The next day, I went to see a dermatologist and he said its not herpes, its Folliculitis.  He gave me a script for Doxycycline and a topical antibiotic.  I am still very nervous about it being herpes.  So far its been a total of 9 days and I am still breaking out with these big raised pimples on my buttocks and I have noticed its on my legs and on my upper waist as well.  Shall I be worried? Is this any sort of STD? I still have the tingling on the tip of my penis as well.  Can you get an STD from a  hand job?  
no, you won't get a std from a hand job.

It's not likely they reused a wash cloth.  Most places are more hygiene conscious than that. Even if they did, the soap they used kills almost everything, including herpes.

you have been seen and no one thinks you have herpes. folliculitis is very common and many of the oils they use for massage can cause it.

grace
Thank you for the quick response. I am more relieved than i was, however i still dont understand why i have all the symptoms that are associated with herpes.  Im still breaking out on my buttocks area, my tingling of my penis has now turned into a feeling of discharge, however i do not notice any leakage. My throat is hurting like a sore throat and can feel its kind of swollen. I know you said you cannot get std from a handjob, but i just see all my symptoms are like those of herpes.  Im just really concerned. I know my dermatologist is treating me for folliculitis, but i just feel weird. Do you recommend any testing? Thank you for your time.
these same symptoms can occur with many other infections. The folliculitis irritates everything down yonder too and causes similar symptoms.

there is no reason for any herpes testing from this encounter.

why doubt the doctor's diagnosis?  Really, most times they do know what they are doing :)
Thank you for your help and info.
Hello Grace, just wanted to give you an update. So its been almost 2 months since i had this massage parlor encounter.  As of today, I still feel burning/tingling/itching on tip of my penis and itching in my pubic area and anal region.  Those pimples I had back in Dec, cleared up and just 2 days ago I got 2 of those same pimples on my butt cheeks again. So now I am back to thinking this is herpes again.  Since I last chatted with you, I have seen my dermatologist who still says its Folliculitis (visual only on those pimples) I have seen my regular doctor who says the same and gave me 1 month worth of Cipro (still dont feel any better)  He did a urine test for std's (all negative)  I did a blood work on all possible stds including herpes 1 & 2 (all negative).  The blood work was taken exactly 8 weeks since encounter.  Doctor says that was efficient timeframe.  So as we stand, all tests negative for STD's.  Dermatologist, regular doctor and Urologist (saw him too, he says same as other 2, maybe prostatitis)  say its not an STD.  So right now am on Cipro for another month.  My question is, I am getting these outbreaks again, they look like big mosquito bites, are these what herpes looks like?  Images online shows herpes looking click a cluster of blisters.  I am still convinced this may be herpes.  Am i thinking too much about it?  Why am i breaking out again?  I never had any relief from when this all started in Dec.  If it were herpes and it came back, shouldve I have had some normal in between?  Now I am thinking I may have contracting from a towel that the asian lady gave me to dry off or maybe from that bathtub she had me in.  OR am i over thinking all of this?  
why if both providers are saying the same thing, are you doubting them?

continue to follow up with the dermatologist as needed for symptoms.